Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peener [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I updated Vile's upload to include the newest wine wrapper and engine. Runs on MacOS Mojave now without any issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jahcojo2tj...Q-v45.zip?dl=0
bump, i don't have enought posts to dm peener, but this link is dead. anyone have a copy of the updated zip?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Kobold

I sent him a PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:48 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve been using Vile’s install for months now, no problems with the latest macOS securit updates so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile View Post
Do you guys need more posts to receive PMs?

Here it is on drop box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w2poq6laq...t_V45.zip?dl=0

This worked for me after I patched to v46
However, it takes a long time to load, and it did stop working for some reason. Works again after redoing it again, although it often crashes after server select or char select.

I find it is less likely to crash if I leave it for a minute or so on each of those screens.

I also had to change the Max. Frames per second down to about 30, which is in options under the display tab.
Last edited by Jaundiced; 03-25-2019 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Updating info
Old 03-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaundiced [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This worked for me after I patched to v46
thanks dude, i'll try it sometime this week
Old 03-28-2019, 12:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default :(

Hey all, I downloaded Vile's dropbox file. Then I updated the files to V46. I also double checked video settings and the Winetricks option for 2054mb memory. The Winetricks memory was not selected. I fixed that and clicked Run. Double click on P99 file on my desktop ( Has velious cover image) and I get this Error. Any suggestions ?? Been trying for days to get back on EQ anything is helpful at this point.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...1&d=1553748044
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ.jpg (22.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-29-2019, 06:30 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all, I downloaded Vile's dropbox file. Then I updated the files to V46. I also double checked video settings and the Winetricks option for 2054mb memory. The Winetricks memory was not selected. I fixed that and clicked Run. Double click on P99 file on my desktop ( Has velious cover image) and I get this Error. Any suggestions ?? Been trying for days to get back on EQ anything is helpful at this point.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...1&d=1553748044
I tried the Winetricks settings and the memory setting and this did not work for me either. I had to just run the patched Dropbox file.
After clicking the Everquest icon to start it shows P99 up on the menu, but it takes 30 seconds or so until I actually see the game screen.