Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

this is not the server you are looking for. move along

ps after seeing that katy perry pic, i am now in love with her. ty nirgon
Cymeon Trymex, level 33 Bard of Circle of Valor, Xegony Server, retired July 2000
Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

at least you didn't get dragged from your awesome Cazic Thule group to basement in HH, bound at entrance, and ganked by a wizard and shaman who were hiding guild tags...<Nomsanto> bitchfaces... was before my SK was 30 and had invis too, had to have guildie come to bring me corpse tot he ZL.

I enjoy pvp a lot... I also want to level. I get annoyed with pvp sometimes when it breaks up groups, but that's mostly because most players here are blue so they won't actually partake in PVP and will just log to an alt when pvp happens. YT starts flying in CB for example and everyone scatters like cockroaches. I'd much rather not kill everyone in my group and just use them for bonus xp to get higher lvl and kill higher level people personally, or pvp as a team... like when we roll 3 deep <FoH> and show up to groups of 6 and let them know our intentions. We came to fight. Is your body ready? It's awesome to fight fair/underdog fights and come out on top, and doesn't have the same effect of shutting the zone down like rushing through with a ragebringer/fungi and clearing 2 full groups unscathed for "points". It is really awesome to see a group who hasn't encountered PVP like that actually have to come together and form some strategy to take you out. Real pvp between similarly geared newbs or with advantageous odds for the newbs supports red99 growth and teaches players to enjoy pvp, not fear it.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

damn i thought that was kyle from real housewives
Old 02-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ty nirgon

Ya don't mention it

As far as pvp breaking groups up maybe the people pvping should consider not putting ragebringers/fungus on lvl 10s something meaningful can occur

Logging off against that is the right move tho

Oh well sucks there isn't item loot to take that fungus or I'd start working on a team of alts to break their balls for trying that shit
Old 02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya don't mention it

As far as pvp breaking groups up maybe the people pvping should consider not putting ragebringers/fungus on lvl 10s something meaningful can occur

Logging off against that is the right move tho

Oh well sucks there isn't item loot to take that fungus or I'd start working on a team of alts to break their balls for trying that shit
You need people willing to eat YT but wanting to engage in PVP and teach newbs PVP lifestyle to grow PVP population. Right now red99 is experiencing growth, but it is not PVP growth, just server growth. A more skilled/seasoned player in a barely geared 15 toon taking on several players encourages them to regroup, make a plan of attack, and overcome the encounter, just like leveling up teaches them to PVE different enemies... like the first time mobs teach you the hard way to assist, and to focus fire on healers or casters... or not to turn your back to a backstabbing mob.

An encounter with a fungi twink teaches you nothing, except to avoid PVP and just get high level and gear and alt maybe...

An encounter with a mildly geared pvp character like my ranger or shaman on the other hand can be very enjoyable for players even if they die once or twice. There's a huge difference in dying to a fungi/ragebringer twink you couldn't scratch, and dying to a guy that was naked but had a cool looking weapon.

For example, don't resist gear your low lvl PVP tons to hell.... casters have NO hp or AC, and most have limited utility spells at lower levels to evade you, at least let them be able to land spells, which you will just strip anyways. IF you have tons of plat (I don't) carry tons of pumice and maybe share some and teach people to use it... I like having engaging PVP on the server. What we have now is mostly just cowards who zerg to end game, twink an alt, and grief others because they never learned to PVP in any shape or form and get crushed.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

....but seriously, bring them some real PVP. Show them your skills, not your hoarded pixels. You'd be surprised how proficient a mildly geared melee character is against even a fungi twink btw. Had a lot of fun in CB last night fighting Combat (admittedly very new to rogue) on my ranger with his druid friend (also in range) aiding him, and the newbs in my group getting demolished rapidly... in the end my newb pure casters in rags ate the dust... the rogue had to zone, the druid had to zone... the fungi let him recover quickly and ocme back in at me but I zoned and was done. Fungi really just lets them recover quickly outside zone... it isn't THAT bad to overcome if you have a decent weapon (which many newbs don't). Casters get screwed hard til 30+ it's gate or die mostly.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned

protip at level 4 spells are expensive and he wanted your coin

bet if you looted less he wouldnt have ate you
Old 02-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Do you know how many douchebags I've grouped with in blue? Afk after every other pull, play dumb, keep repeating "dude, i'm so high", etc. etc. The ability to kick someone from group and beat them senseless is a feature, not a bug.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

I avoid PVP at all costs and only play on R99 because you can join the zerg and be in the only guild that gets any raid targets.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know how many douchebags I've grouped with in blue? Afk after every other pull, play dumb, keep repeating "dude, i'm so high", etc. etc. The ability to kick someone from group and beat them senseless is a feature, not a bug.
Tell me you've converted

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread