Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default Mage pets - specific question

I was in beta for the first time and had my level 54 water pet out. I was in Icewell Keep and noticed that my pet NEVER hit for maximum dmg on all NPCs we fought.

In fact, I noticed when it was attacking the front of the mob (mob facing pet) there seemed to be an almost static dmg of 14 per hit.

When it was behind the mob it was hitting for very low damage as well, but better than 14 most of the time.

I understand AC mechanics and the mobs are mid level 50s but in Kunark and Old world with mobs that are 50+ I do not see this at all.

This was VERY noticeable and if this is a bug or issue, then I really think it needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Please, has any other mage noticed issues like this?

I did not check other zones, but will and post my findings.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

AC on many Velious mobs has seemed quite high. I recall our first attempt on Statue of Rallos Zek we were having 60 rogues hitting for averages of like 15-20.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for responding!

So, my thoughts are; On a 'boss/raid' mob, yes, I understand, but this was zone trash I am talking about.

It was pathetic! I do not recall it being like this on live.

The specific mobs I am referring to are the golems, cubes and tennicle terror looking things in Icewell Keep.

You know, I just remembered this. My pet was hitting Dain for more than it was hitting the trash mobs.

It still wasn't max damaging Dain on hits, but it was doing more damage.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Velious release were mage or anyone else soloing Icewell Keep mobs? As a monk on live I seem to remember xp being better on Velious mobs but they did have considerably higher AC and it wasn't until later with better velious gear that some stuff really became soloable.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious release were mage or anyone else soloing Icewell Keep mobs? As a monk on live I seem to remember xp being better on Velious mobs but they did have considerably higher AC and it wasn't until later with better velious gear that some stuff really became soloable.
No. Icewell keep mobs are very difficult. They hit for 200s (double attack), and they have a lot of HP. Good source for 50+ spells, I am talking caverns not Dwarves up top.

All mobs down there summon. Having a good solid group is helpful. I believe there are nameds that spawn down there too in which drop decent stuff.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

That high AC is going to be rough. Hurray to nilbog for making things too difficult to steamroll over on day 1.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it's Nilbog making things difficult. It's just unrefined coding. Not that it's supposed to be really difficult, but it's not supposed to be easy either.

I need to find time and a group to go in there and capture data so I can post a bug.

OR, if the devs are reading this maybe they can take a quick look. No response to this thread is needed because I know if they look and just quickly test what I am seeing, they will know something is wrong.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Banned

Mahe epic pet gets rooted 9.5/10 casts and gets poofed by bard charm. Need dev support (red).

Thanks

-coffee
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

You know....I've been thinking about it and maybe the level of pets used (51 to 54) are to low in level to do normal damage that you would see on pretty much all Kunark and Old world mobs.

I remember Icewell Keep being a REALLY crappy place to hunt after Velious release but I dont' recall every trash mob in there having such high mitigation. Anyway, I just wanted to throw this on the thread.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mahe epic pet gets rooted 9.5/10 casts and gets poofed by bard charm. Need dev support (red).

Thanks

-coffee
Closed Thread