Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Sorry if I'm being thick, but what does "merge into blue and start over" mean?
Old 09-13-2019, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m wondering if they are going to go classic experience and nerf SoulFire/Reaper of the dead to be only Paladin/SK clickable on Green. The way P99 has used them for the past 9 years is probably more destructive than Ivandyr’s Hoops.
Yes, please. Pretty please.

Also the list thing is probably the best way to deal with the Manastone and guise camps, but as was pointed out, this will simply result in the totally unclassic result of basically everyone on the server possessing both items. I almost wish they were both simply removed from Green entirely, limited as rewards to semi-frequent GM events or, (most un-classic but pro-fun idea) put on the loot table of random mobs in random zones as SUPER rare drops. So that you could conceivably loot a guise by killing a willow wisp in WC or a Qeynos guard in QH, etc... But make the drop rate so absurdly small that at most only 5-10% of the server would realistically be able to get one before they are removed. This would preserve the rarity and mystique of these items while giving everyone an equally low chance of obtaining one. I mean, guises and manastones are cool - but they're just kind of dumb if almost everyone has one. Then it's no longer a special cool thing. Entire groups of dark Elves clicking their Manastones in unison. Ugh.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry if I'm being thick, but what does "merge into blue and start over" mean?
All characters on Green will be copied to Blue; then Green will be wiped and restarted from the beginning of the timeline again. Does that answer your question?

That way, if you want to keep playing your Green char, you just log into Blue and it's still there to play forever. But if your body is ready for another'nother classic experience, there's a fresh server for you to reroll on.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the Sleeper is never awoken on Green what happens when Green is merged into Blue?
Well, remember, "merging" just means copying the characters. There's no reason to believe that anything else (including the status of certain crystal dragon mobs) will be copied over.
Last edited by Videri; 09-13-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All characters on Green will be copied to Blue; then Green will be wiped and restarted from the beginning of the timeline again. Does that answer your question?
Definitely does. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my questions: Which zones are we likely to see as their super classic version upon release? For example will we get paineel? Or will we only a necro hut in tox forest? How about the first released version of splitpaw?
For splitpaw, they did not have the data to recreate it as it was on live, so we probably will have the revamped version.

For paineel, good question. Easy enough to disable paineel, but do they have the data to recreate the necro hut with all the needed npcs (i guess they could theoretically just copy them from paineel and paste them in toxx? )
Looks like nilbog was researching this at some point, presumably to get it ready for green:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...34&postcount=1

"Part of my ongoing recreation of p99 is content being accurate even if it has passed on our current timeline. If/when specifics are available, the content is fixed for later. In the event we open another server from the beginning, it behooves us to create on/off switches for those times."

That's in 2013 and they were already making fixes that would never apply to blue but would apply to green... Pretty impressive. Who knows if he ever found the data to add this though.

What is clear though, that even after blue was past something occuring on the timeline, they were still making legacy changes and flagging them for the eventual green, so there will certainly be some suprises.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

* January 2020: Plane of Fear
* April 2020: Plane of Hate
* May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
* August 2020: Plane of Sky
* November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
* April 2021: Epics
* July 2021: Scars of Velious
* The above list is not exhaustive; each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001.

I dont see paineel on this list! Many aspiring clerics would like to know about some of these quests 8)
Old 09-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
* January 2020: Plane of Fear
* April 2020: Plane of Hate
* May 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop
* August 2020: Plane of Sky
* November 2020: Ruins of Kunark
* April 2021: Epics
* July 2021: Scars of Velious
* The above list is not exhaustive; each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001.

I dont see paineel on this list!
* The above list is not exhaustive
Old 09-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

doh
Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

What will be the equilibrium price of bone chips after a day? A week? A month? Not many high level buyers but great for leveling in kaladim.

What will be peak pop on opening weekend? I estimate1200
Closed Thread