Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Large Rat

Default Looking for a partner(s) for levelling!

Howdy everybody! I am looking for a levelling partner(s) for the blue server ideally, but I'm absolutely still down to play on green. (I like the DuxaUI on blue a lot, and not having an xp penalty for being a lizard is a bonus)

So far, I've levelled a monk, enchanter, and necromancer all to around 12-15 on green to get a taste of them, and dip my toes into everquest for the first time. I'm absolutely loving the game, but looking for a more routine/consistent group to play and do things with. The starter zones seem barren on blue though, so I'm trying my luck here.

I can play to your schedule(s), and I can play nearly any class. Thinking about a lizard shadow knight, but like I said I can meld into whatever the group may need. I'll heal ya, tank for ya, or just beat up the mobs with ya.

In my previous MMOs, I am typically a more supportive character (DK tank / Druid + Priest healer in WoW, you get the idea). I loved playing my monk, but my group role being the "puller" is probably not ideal when I get lost in dungeons and have no idea where spawns are, etc.

Message me on here, or just leave a comment down below if any of this sounds good!
Old 03-02-2021, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

You will get xp penalty for being liz :-)
Old 03-02-2021, 02:44 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will get xp penalty for being liz :-)
Oh yeah sorry I meant the shadow knight penalty got removed, thank you!
Old 03-02-2021, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Hey, welcome to Everquest. I was in your position a few years ago. (you can tell from my signature lol)

An important thing to remember is that some classes play like their WoW counterparts and other don't. Tanking for example is nothing like in WoW, because in WoW just being a tanking class somehow makes all your spells cause ridiculous aggro. In Everquest, there are no aggro spells, and to tank you have to hit first, hit hard, and pray to god your auto attacks and weapon procs do enough to turn the mob to you rather than the frail clothie in the back line.

On the flip side, Clerics play exactly like Holy Priests except they wear plate. (more like Holy Paladins in that case ig?) Druids are somewhere between Balance and Restoration as they're both viable in healing and in pure elemental-themed damage.

I wouldn't advise you to play Iksar under any circumstance as a beginner. You're kill on sight to every single city and most merchants in the world which is enough to deter you from ever leaving your immediate surroundings for multiple months. You'll be gimping yourself having to constantly make the dangerous pilgrimage home to train and wasting your own time.

Another thing to note is how colossally important buffs are to this game. Whereas in WoW having the priest stam buff or mark of the wild is kinda nice, in Everquest a high level player buffing a low level player is enough to make them unkillable and unstoppable. So remember to buff your melee buddies if you're support and drive-by buff lowbies just to make their day. (or their next 30-120 minutes, to be accurate)

My Discord is Midoo#2125 if you want to talk to a fellow World of Warcraft refugee[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 03-04-2021, 02:02 AM
Kobold

I don't think you need a leveling partner, just head to leveling zones that are populated. You can do a /who all then the zone name. If you don't know what to put for the zone name you can look it up on p99 wiki. You could make a couple of chars, and if it's dead in one spot you can log over to the other. Also, you could make a druid who is able to solo, and then later use him to make money by porting people to fund your true character you want to focus on.

-Donald Trump
Old 03-05-2021, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Why not try to join a leveling guild? And I suggest play whatever you want. On the p99 wiki page you can read about each class For a better understanding. If you do want to group some classes will be more relevant. (Shaman, Cleric, Enc, Monk, Rogue, etc) I don’t have any low lvl chars anymore but pm me here on forums after you make your char on blue and I can try and get you some armor if your new. Also I would definitely suggest picking the race you want. Don’t worry about faction or any of that. Pick what you want.

Going off what another person posted you can also do /who all LFG, or /who all 15, if say your lvl 15, or even /who all LFG 12-18, or whatever lvl range is around your char. Then either go where those players are or hit up a LFG or two and try to do a PUG.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 03-05-2021 at 02:34 AM..
Old 03-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

PM me when you get up into your mid 30s. I've got a bard that needs dusting off.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:58 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not try to join a leveling guild? And I suggest play whatever you want. On the p99 wiki page you can read about each class For a better understanding. If you do want to group some classes will be more relevant. (Shaman, Cleric, Enc, Monk, Rogue, etc) I don’t have any low lvl chars anymore but pm me here on forums after you make your char on blue and I can try and get you some armor if your new. Also I would definitely suggest picking the race you want. Don’t worry about faction or any of that. Pick what you want.

Going off what another person posted you can also do /who all LFG, or /who all 15, if say your lvl 15, or even /who all LFG 12-18, or whatever lvl range is around your char. Then either go where those players are or hit up a LFG or two and try to do a PUG.
That sounds great to me, do you possibly know of any leveling guilds off the top of your head on blue? I knew about /who but I didn't know you could do the who all or the lfg part, that is great thank you! I'll dm you
Old 03-10-2021, 10:34 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemepls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds great to me, do you possibly know of any leveling guilds off the top of your head on blue? I knew about /who but I didn't know you could do the who all or the lfg part, that is great thank you! I'll dm you
I'm on blue and looking for people to start a new alt with. I'm down if you haven't started down the road too far yet.
Old 03-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Beware of bad advice in this thread.

Play what you think looks fun, if you're not having fun play something else. Don't worry about class/race combinations as at the end game stages they generally mean very little. Things like dealing with faction have easy workarounds and travel generally isn't difficult with the number of people offering ports.

Throw your LFG tag on with /lfg on and play for the journey not the destination, this is a 20 year old game on a 10 year old box, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Check out the p99 wiki for tons of useful information and guides on hunting locations and information on how to play your class.

Most of all have fun.
Closed Thread