Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Default north karana nerfed?

NK hill giant and wisp count nerfed since Kunark release?

Place is void of my old cash crop.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcortez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks.
I don't recall ever seeing any HG's in NK. There's multiple in WK, usually camped. The east hill giant spawn in WK I would say is camped about 70% of any day

There's still wisps in NK, and it's easy to memorize their pathing. You can bump into the routes about 3 take by doing a wide loop around the gypsy camp slightly southeast from the guard tower. During primetime these are usually camped by lowbies though. There's wisps in EK and qeynos hills that are never camped, however
Old 02-15-2021, 11:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcortez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks.
Yeah, they changed the willow wisp spawn points and count from what I can tell.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Definitely. The whole zone behaves differently. Far less wisps. Fewer HGs and griffons too. Pathing is also very different.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall ever seeing any HG's in NK.

There were three spawns, not counting Tiny. North, east, and southwest-ish of the gypsy camp (I never found that spawn point).

All pre-Kunark. Can't remember the last time I logged in before last night.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Must have been awhile ago. I remember petitioning the HG spawns in NK because they were guaranteed spawns. One of them didn’t even path.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17093
Nilbog: Griffons/Hill giant spawngroups and pathing in North Karana should look a lot better.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
There were three spawns, not counting Tiny. North, east, and southwest-ish of the gypsy camp (I never found that spawn point).

All pre-Kunark. Can't remember the last time I logged in before last night.
Ah, I’ve only been playing for the past 2
-3 weeks, but 90% of that has been spent in NK/WK/EK. I actually now that you mention it remember seeing a HG once in NK. I’ve also seen griffons, griffenes, but these are not all that prevalent
Old 02-15-2021, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

One hill giant paths through the house of the bread quest in keeper in NK. Go ahead. Ask me how I know
Old 02-16-2021, 01:04 AM
Orc

Something's indeed changed in North Karana, but I'm not sure about the details. Here are a couple data points to help figure it out:

- Before Kunark, I would pass through fairly regularly and see some combination of hill giants and griffons up on track. In particular, I learned how the GrimFeather spawn worked - it was a static spawn near the bridge to East Karana with some high-ish percent chance to spawn (I believe "a griffon" is the only PH). So killing GrimFeather was just a matter of running around, finding any griffons up, killing them, and then being at that spot 6:40 (or whatever SK's timer is) later. Never took more than 20 minutes or so.

- Just now, and I believe for the first time since Kunark dropped, I ran through NK and didn't see a single hill giant or griffon on track (multiple locations, over 10 minutes-ish). I don't think I've seen that happen before - even when they're being hunted, they take time to kill so I'd regularly see them up in the past times. Anyway, I sat at my usual spot by the bridge to EK for 10 minutes or so and nothing appeared. I then remembered seeing this thread last night - evidently it sounds like we have general agreement that something changed, but I guess TBD what and how.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:03 PM
Aviak

As a ranger main I've been in SK mainly but I pass through NK on the way to buy arrows. There are still HGs on track, they tend to be in the west side of zone. Wisps im not sure if theres less, but you could be right on that one. Less people farming them for sure.
Closed Thread