Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Large Rat

Default Can only loot sometimes + workaround

When I first started playing on the beta server (which was for the first time today), I got the beta buff and traveled to Iceclad and killed a few mobs. Everything seemed normal, though I did hear some complaints in /ooc about not being able to loot. I could loot, at that point.

Eventually I ran around and visited a few zones and started killing again in Eastern Wastes. Not right away, but soon I noticed I was unable to loot anything. I would right click a corpse and right click (or left click) an item on the corpse and then the loot/corpse window would disappear and my character would stand up, as if an item had been looted. However, no new items were in my inventory, and if I right clicked the corpse again (which had not disappeared), the item I had tried to loot before was still on it.

This continued for a short time and I found I could loot again if I traveled to other zones or camped and relogged, or maybe if I just waited a certain amount of time -- I did not notice a reliable workaround at that point. Eventually I grouped with another player since we were looking for the same item, thinking that if I couldn't loot the quest item then they might as well loot it. I met the player in another zone and was unable to loot the first thing that was available. The other player said that they got a message that I was still looting the corpse. I camped and relogged, and after doing so, the previous item I had tried to loot was on my cursor. I put it in my inventory.

We killed more creatures and I don't remember if I could loot right away or not. Inevitably, I would be unable to loot when we killed something similar to what I experienced while solo. Sometimes, I camped and relogged and the previous item which I had tried to loot from a corpse was on my cursor immediately after logging back in. Other times, I camped and relogged and not the last item but rather the item before *that* was on my cursor. After putting the item from my cursor into my inventory, I could reliably loot at least one additional item before not being able to loot again.

Eventually I discovered that if at any time I was unable to loot, then while the loot/corpse window was open (I never tried it otherwise) I could destroy an item already in my inventory (NOT coin) and then I could take an item or items from the corpse window. I've tried to see if there is a pattern as far as destroying a particular type of item or looting a particular type of item but haven't found anything in that respect so far.
Last edited by Kalmia; 11-29-2014 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: additional detail
Old 11-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Developer

Please post more info on the last two items you looted.

I think it could be a lore item issue.

Also, did you see any messages about a lore item deleted?

H
Old 11-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Large Rat

I've just now read this reply and will start paying more attention to the items trying to be looted.

When I myself died, the looting issue also occurred: i was able to loot a few items just fine, but when I tried to loot my shoulders I could not. The workaround mentioned in the OP did not work, taking into consideration that I had only a few items with me to try deleting (as I was otherwise naked and lootless). I deleted my beta staff of corpse summon and was not able to continue looting like normal. I logged out again and exited as far as server selection. I relogged into the same server and upon reentry I could loot my corpse. I skipped the shoulders, which I had got stuck on before, and could loot my equipment until I tried to loot a bag.

When I tried to loot a bag, i got a message saying "You cannot loot this container. The Bracer of the Hidden inside is a Lore Item and you already have one." I was wearing bracers at the time, Wolf's Eye Golden x2.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Large Rat

I have not noticed any messages at all about a lore item deleted, ever.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Large Rat

Taking the hint, I removed a few Lore items from my bank and inventory and tried to loot again. A couple of times I got a message that the Lore Item in a container was preventing me from looting the containers. I was able to successfully loot my own corpse for now, I will follow up with other dropped items.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

This issue is most likely due to having items in the bank and then also having them on the beta buff character if I had to guess. I had some really wonky bugs when I was doing the beta buff a couple months ago. It looked like the lore item was removed from my bank, but it really wasn't. Sometimes I'd crash if I tried to click on an inventory slot of a lore item. Other times, I couldn't loot items...even when the duplicate lore item was no longer visible in my bank.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Developer

The client removes dup lore items when u log in. The beta buff is the issue. You have ghost items.

Will put together a fix for that.