Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your suggestion, Nemcinator, is that people leave P99 to go to TAKP and say.....no I don't wanna join the AG here because of their reputation on P99 Blue?

L. O. L.

Moreover, what do you know about our reputation? Snippets you read on RnF? Stressful venting on Discord (where it's supposed to happen)?

You know nothing. And yet you want to take the entire name with you out of some pollyannaesque concern for "the brand" ? Get over yourself.
I would tone down the immersion like 20%? Maybe take a step back.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you guys realize, but Nemce comes from a time on the server of relative "Sanity and Reason" or atleast his slice of the server was.
The idea that there is a forum that exists today where only three guilds are setting policy for the entire server is catagorically opposed to the server I envisioned. There were definitely times that AG could do raiding business without Omni and Europa, but we didn't want to push players into a world in which lots of poopaocking outside of prime time was necessary. The goal was never maximum pixels for AG. The goal was a server where all raid guilds had a shot at content based on their abilities. To that end, I was cool with losing pixels in order to open the door to more guilds having opportunity.

The raid rotations of hard-core/casual/FFA/ CSG negotiated was raid proposal that was brainstormed by all the casual guilds and presented by CSG. It created opportunity for all raid styles.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Figured the guild leader would be able to decide the name, not someone who left for greener pastures.

Old 11-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current leadership chose to be a parasitic host for Freedom, and the warm bodies chose to do nothing about it. It's kind of all y'alls fault.
Whomad?

Hemad.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current leadership chose to be a parasitic host for Freedom, and the warm bodies chose to do nothing about it. It's kind of all y'alls fault.
Yep. If AG had maintained any level of leadership and direction Freedom wouldn't be leading them around by the balls
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Munny15 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play much at all, but this still sucks, when I do log in I always liked the Azure Guard tag by my head, especially being in the guild for like a decade. Just feels like a thing you'd do to completely turn your back and cut every tie with anyone still left on this server =( say it aint so! hehe but it is what is.
I'll see what I can do about that.
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Barton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree about the hard work but sadly I don't remember the era in which CSG killed Vulak, AoW, or Tuna without a ban or alliance. My first AoW kill under AG was in 2016 with Rustle/Venerate. Maybe it was while I was on hiatus.
I don't even know who those guilds are, you must have your dates wrong because I did not make the move over until 2017. We did kill Vulack once that I remember before I left
Old 11-01-2020, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raid rotations of hard-core/casual/FFA/ CSG negotiated was raid proposal that was brainstormed by all the casual guilds and presented by CSG. It created opportunity for all raid styles.
Have you read the proposal by AG? We're easily the most level headed of the three with the inclusion of casual guilds. We're not in the business of denying anyone pixels, never have been.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea that there is a forum that exists today where only three guilds are setting policy for the entire server is catagorically opposed to the server I envisioned. There were definitely times that AG could do raiding business without Omni and Europa, but we didn't want to push players into a world in which lots of poopaocking outside of prime time was necessary. The goal was never maximum pixels for AG. The goal was a server where all raid guilds had a shot at content based on their abilities. To that end, I was cool with losing pixels in order to open the door to more guilds having opportunity.

Policy for the server is set by the GMs. Anyone who wishes to actively compete for raid mobs is more than welcome to join the conversation. As it stands, only 3 entities compete for these raid mobs: Riot, Freedom, and the soon-to-be-defunct Azure guard.

I understand that you don't like to compete, but many of us do. What business is it of yours when you don't even play on this server? You can't go back in time, Nemce. It is also really stupid for you to attempt to do so from an entire EQ Emu server away.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Barton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Figured the guild leader would be able to decide the name, not someone who left for greener pastures.

I have no input in the new name, nor should I.