Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2021, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My FPS issues were caused by the Nvidia service NVIDIA Display Container LS. Since stopping and disabling it a couple months back I haven't had any issues.

Perhaps there's a similar issue with AMD gpus? Could try stopping any AMD services and see if it helps.
I scanned ye olde "Processes" tab for anything AMD/Radeon related and proceeded to close them and attempt to restart the client. Alas, there was no effect to be found regarding FPS changes. I made sure any overlay options were already disabled (including 3rd party). I appreciate the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by void221 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi.

you have not a nvidia grapics card but perhaps my tip will help.
i have a nvidia gfx-card and fixed my fps problems with changing a parameter in the nvidia systemcontrol for everquest. perhaps there is the possibility there is the same parameter for amd graphics cards.

I am in germany an i dont know the exact english name but i think
the parameter from which i talk is named :

Mode for low latency
or
low latency mode

i set this to ULTRA and my fps issuses were solved

well, i make a also a screenshot.

https://ibb.co/0ywRgqP

good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by valithteezee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something similar helped me, you have to check when EQ loads that it is using the correct displayed driver also.
The closest settings that the Radeon driver software provides is: Radeon Anti-Lag, which claims to reduce input lag, and Radeon Chill, which is supposed to balance framerate depending on GPU load. There is also a "Frame rate target control" setting in the Global Graphics tab, which I experimented with. In any variation that I tried so far (enabled, disabled, FPS range settings on low or high), there was no noticeable change when entering the game. This processor lacks onboard graphics, so it could only be running off of my current driver or generic. It shows my card ingame though.

Thinking it could be a CPU related issue. I've already tried messing with CPUAFFINITY parameters within eqclient.ini, and manually setting the game to run on one core. But I haven't tried messing with minimum clockspeed or anything of that nature.

If any Radeon/Ryzen users are reading this thread, I would be interested in hearing your experience!

Keep in mind this is exclusive to Project 1999s ingame performance. Other EQEmu servers are still able to run at a consistent framerate. Even the character select screen for P99 servers appears to be fluid and stable. But upon entering the game as any character in any zone I've been in, it devolves into an inconsistent mess. Most noticeable when adjusting the camera or moving the character around. This was also not the case prior to the forced Windows 20H2 update which I can no longer roll back. I don't believe it was a constant 60FPS before, but it definitely was not this bad.