Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-28-2024, 05:58 PM
Kobold

Feb and March combo undate just dropped. It's a big one. https://monstersandmemories.com/upda...-feb-amp-march

Quote:
Monsters & Memories will enter Early Access in January 2026.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:32 PM
Banned

2026 typo?
Old 03-28-2024, 06:35 PM
Kobold

not a typo
Old 03-28-2024, 06:39 PM
Banned

That's 21 months?
Old 03-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Kobold

The January 2026 date will contain the core gameplay elements and a handful of playable races and areas. There is more to do to complete the remaining world, races, and zones for them to live in.

Check out the Early Access FAQ here for the specifics. But feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's 21 months?
Still ahead of Pantheon.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I won't hold you guys to that timeline, but that is exciting news!
Old 03-29-2024, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Dang, I really do want to play your game. I couldn't get in on the test but I watched several videos of other people playing. Based on that and the info in your FAQ this is like the game I've been dreaming of since I quit EQ.

The only mild concerns I have are that you might make enchanters overpowered (specifically charm spells) and that hybrid classes might be kind of crappy like in EQ.

Sorry, I couldn't resist giving my 2 cents on those things. But whatever, I'll probably be playing a Troll Necro like all right thinking people.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang, I really do want to play your game. I couldn't get in on the test but I watched several videos of other people playing. Based on that and the info in your FAQ this is like the game I've been dreaming of since I quit EQ.

The only mild concerns I have are that you might make enchanters overpowered (specifically charm spells) and that hybrid classes might be kind of crappy like in EQ.

Sorry, I couldn't resist giving my 2 cents on those things. But whatever, I'll probably be playing a Troll Necro like all right thinking people.
Hey sorry you weren't able to try it out yet, but there will be more open tests in the future so hopeflly you'll be able to join in on one of them. No dates set for those yet but keep an eye on the discord.

We were talking a lot about the enchanter in our last internal play test. There is concerns about charm by some internally also. We'll see where things land. We're still shuffling things around and trying to come up with good solutions for problem areas.

Feel free to continue sharing the 2 cents, we read comments. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2024, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Feel free to continue sharing the 2 cents, we read comments. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really shouldn't encourage me. I'm just chock full of stupid ideas.

For example: For paladins I would suggest playing up the self-sacrificing angle. It really fits with the psychology of people who want to play paladin from a Role Play perspective.

So maybe some ability with a long cool down that could be used when a group wipe looks likely. It would condem the paladin to certain death but give the others a chance to escape. Like a mega taunt that draws all agro to the paly and gives him major damage mitigation for a brief time but also roots him in place. Simultaneously it gives the other group members a brief invulnerability so they can try to run but also prevents them from attacking or casting spells.

Or...on a less dramatic note, give paladins a new type of buff which can be cast only on one other group member. It would redirect some percentage of incoming damage from that player to the paladin. It wouldn't compete with the buffs other classes have because it's not a hitpoint buff or a AC buff or a damage mitigator or absorber it is a damage redirecter.

Geez, see what you made me do. Ok I'll shut up now.