Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Default Mob Flee Mechanics

A patch a while ago fixed the problem that mob will flee with 1 or more allies also aggroed on player/group.

But seems it was over-fixed. Now as long as there are near by npcs with same faction mobs won't flee at all at low health. I can give 2 examples, which in both case mob should flee (if it's a flee type mob at low hp) and didn't.

Case 1: In a room of green con mobs, you attack and killing one of them while others didn't aggro due to smaller aggro range cause of level. That mob will fight to the death because he have friends near by. However as long as his friends didn't aggro on you, that mob should still flee.

Case 2: In a dungeon with many rooms and levels and Line of sight walls. You killing a single mob in one room while there are few mobs in the next room. Your mob won't flee because there are friends near by. But again, those "friends" aren't assisting the mob you are fighting and he should flee when on low health. Again, those will not flee here.

This is making the game way too easy in a lot of places. I am not exactly sure how to "dig" for proof for this. Experts please help.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Works both ways - if you can snare, them fleeing when there are mobs nearby unaggro would actually make it even easier than it is currently.

However, I definitely remember mobs fleeing in zones like Guk and such and pulling more mobs was a real fear if you didn't have snare or root.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-22-2014, 01:58 AM
Orc

I don't know if its associated to a similar issue, was fighting guards in HK earlier which normally run at low hp. The monk I was with FD at 3-5% and the guard turned around started hitting me rather then running. The guards conned anywhere from blue to red but the results remained the same.

I even snared one of the guards yet when the monk FD it still turned around and started attacking me at 5% health.
Frumpp <Omni> 60 Cleric
Old 11-22-2014, 02:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if its associated to a similar issue, was fighting guards in HK earlier which normally run at low hp. The monk I was with FD at 3-5% and the guard turned around started hitting me rather then running. The guards conned anywhere from blue to red but the results remained the same.

I even snared one of the guards yet when the monk FD it still turned around and started attacking me at 5% health.
Your scenerio is similiar to the second example. There was probably another guard in another room nearby. Even though that other guard wasn't physically assisting, the mob you were killing recognized his friend was within the "not flee" radius and decided to fight to death.