Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Barbarian Spiritist's Hammer Vs Poison Wind Censer

Just hit 30 on my shaman and have some money saved up. Looking to upgrade my weapon and cant decide between these 2. Suggestions?
Last edited by MikeXG; 01-10-2017 at 02:44 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Barbarian Spiritist`s Hammer
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 43
DMG: 22
WIS: +13 INT: +13
Effect: Winter's Roar (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 30

Poison Wind Censer
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 28
DMG: 20
STR: +5
SV POISON: -30
Effect: Gale of Poison (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 50

You would want to go with the Barbarian Spiritist`s Hammer, if you can find someone selling it? I tried looking for this hammer when I was updating/upgrading my equipment and it's something not commonly sold.

But based on the two items, the Hammer will work out best because it will cast at 30 instead of 50.
The dot will do more at 30 then the dot at 50.
The +13 WIS will help your mana.

Sure, the Poison Wind Censer will hit faster but who really wants a negative 30 in poison just to use it?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarian Spiritist`s Hammer
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 43
DMG: 22
WIS: +13 INT: +13
Effect: Winter's Roar (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 30

Poison Wind Censer
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 28
DMG: 20
STR: +5
SV POISON: -30
Effect: Gale of Poison (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 50

You would want to go with the Barbarian Spiritist`s Hammer, if you can find someone selling it? I tried looking for this hammer when I was updating/upgrading my equipment and it's something not commonly sold.

But based on the two items, the Hammer will work out best because it will cast at 30 instead of 50.
The dot will do more at 30 then the dot at 50.
The +13 WIS will help your mana.

Sure, the Poison Wind Censer will hit faster but who really wants a negative 30 in poison just to use it?
Both of those items proc direct damage spells, not dots. The difference is the Poison Wind Censer procs an AOE DD vs the Hammer's single target DD, which makes it useless after level 49.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoptartOnRye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both of those items proc direct damage spells, not dots. The difference is the Poison Wind Censer procs an AOE DD vs the Hammer's single target DD, which makes it useless after level 49.
That's just not true. While Rains have their issues, they can be very useful and the PWC proc is significantly more damage per hour than the BHS, not only that, it does about 40% more melee damage.

I would be very surprised if the BHS does more damage than PWC between 30 and 49 because of this difference in base melee damage, it's posssible but unlikely. And once the PWC starts proccing, there is nothing better vs mobs with a large enough hit box to be outside the proc range.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's just not true. While Rains have their issues, they can be very useful and the PWC proc is significantly more damage per hour than the BHS, not only that, it does about 40% more melee damage.

I would be very surprised if the BHS does more damage than PWC between 30 and 49 because of this difference in base melee damage, it's posssible but unlikely. And once the PWC starts proccing, there is nothing better vs mobs with a large enough hit box to be outside the proc range.
Absolutely the PWC has a better ratio and is better up to 49, but once it starts proccing at 50 it can cause crown control issues in certain situations, not to mention that the Aoe hits the user according to what I've read. I haven't actually used one myself though. Not sure what that last sentence means though, aren't mobs with a large hit box more likely to be hit by the AoE?
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

PWC is useless really as the aoe damages you as much as the mobs. sad but true. needs a poison resist of 286 tro use effectively.

tbh the best item for shm is the spear REIF.,,,paired up with a good shield
eg http://wiki.project1999.com/Orb_of_the_Infinite_Void (if you can get one)

if ur cash strapped the scourge hammer is cheapest and comonest. procs 30, not as brutal os the other tho....

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 01-23-2017 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoptartOnRye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely the PWC has a better ratio and is better up to 49, but once it starts proccing at 50 it can cause crown control issues in certain situations, not to mention that the Aoe hits the user according to what I've read. I haven't actually used one myself though. Not sure what that last sentence means though, aren't mobs with a large hit box more likely to be hit by the AoE?
Generally speaking, if your in a group then you're probably not going to be doing a lot of melee so the CC issue isn't so important. If your Shaman is CCing, you're root parking the mobs well away from each other and again, it not an issue.

The AoE hits YOU, if you are in range. Against Giant sized mobs, you're outside of the AoE range and don't get hit.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PWC is useless really as the aoe damages you as much as the mobs. sad but true. needs a poison resist of 286 tro use effectively.

tbh the best item for shm is the spear REIF.,,,paired up with a good shield
eg http://wiki.project1999.com/Orb_of_the_Infinite_Void (if you can get one)

if ur cash strapped the scourge hammer is cheapest and comonest. procs 30, not as brutal os the other tho....
It's not useless. The AoE does not reach you on mobs with a large hit box, Giants, Cyclops, even large Spiders and similar mobs have a large enough hit box tha tyou can melée then without being hit by the AoE.

And remember it is a Rain, not an actual AoE. Vs single targets you get 366 damage (if no resists) each time it procs. And the procs can overlap, so you don't waste damage like with DoTs.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

`Against Giant sized mobs, you're outside of the AoE range and don't get hit.`

thats a good tip! i only tried it out on human sized mobs...think it was guards in FP.

so actually a useful weapon in velious!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Kobold

I used PWC all my shams life, until it procced.
I found getting hit by the proc to annoying, as it's not often I'm fighting monsters with large hitboxs. Mostly it's normal mobs and the proc hit me, which is hp that could of been used to canni
Imo - PWC is better to level with, hits way faster! But once it procs I would sell it. It's not the awesome proc that people think it is. Unless you're levelling on Giants only I guess?
Closed Thread