Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong.

Classic AoE on video even. This guild only existed from 1999 - 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUHDRz1Iv_U

You keep trying to justify mob limits and changing how AoE works because you're afraid of bards or seeing everyone get zoomed but none of this is how the game actually worked.
Vyal this isnt a video of poison storm LOL

I suggest you collate all your data, make a succinct post and argument,

show the counter points, then show your PROOF that the counter point is wrong.

But this mass posting about what you're feeling and repeating yourself and addressing every post you can all at once without giving time to really fine tune your arguments, is only resulting in you losing your battle even harder.

I want to know the truth. Just like most players here.

You have not once made me think that you had a good argument with the evidence you share. Nor do I think your evidence ever supports your arguments.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-26-2019 at 08:41 AM..
Old 09-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Played on fennin, rallos and the test server.

And there are plenty of places that you would have for sure seen bards swarm kiting if it was a thing. Crocs/orcs in oasis? Spiders/aviaks/gnolls/wisps/random furry shit in the karanas? Maybe mammoths all over everfrost? I'm sure the bard experts on p99 could point out more in vanilla EQ. And I'm not sure what hitting a wall at 25 has to do with anything? The reality is bards would have still be seen swarm kiting and it would have been a well known "thing" if it was happening. People would have seen them skyrocketing through levels on new servers, too, and saying "hey, wtf is up with this guy leveling so fast" even if in certain level ranges they may slow down. You'd probably also see posts of people pissed ff about bards stealing all the mobs to kite them, just like on p99.

And bards had an incredibly easy time getting groups. Enchanters/bards were rare but every group wanted mana faster. Even if you were a complete anti-social moron and terrible at the game you'd find a group that would happily let you drool in the corner playing the mana song.

People rarely kited just 3-4 mobs even well after release because the the internet was shit, peoples computers were shit, the servers were shit, and most people didn't know shit. So it's not surprising you have a hard time finding contemporary information about it.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Former Guide

I found a post from Brad McQuaid I mentioned here:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=334656
Quote:
+ Enhanced AoE Spells to let Wizard effect more creatures
+ Enhanced AoE Spells to let Magicians effect more creatures
These changes are not mentioned for bards / clerics / enchanters. Not that the list isn't missing some things, and not that Dolain's original post isn't compelling.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is up to Vyal to find a dated screenshot of an AOE hitting more than 4 creatures. At this point the evidence greatly outweighs the contrary evidence.

He has discredited newsgroups and patch notes, and supplied an edgelord blog as "proof!"

I usually support all EQ fans but vyal is off his rocker. I would love to know the truth, but vyal I do not stand behind your arguments at all. Maybe if you reduced your post count by 90% and spent that time researching and finding a NEW link to defend your arguments, I might start thinking you're contributing.

But what you're doing now is the opposite of contributing.
I'm half tempted to download EQ login to my old account show you the play time, the title "Burning Champion" which was given out less then a month after the game came out.

I played back then I know what i'm talking about, that Ron guy knows what he's talking about, all the spell data sites that say "The AoE spell hits ALL the mobs around the caster" knows what they are talking about.

Imagine for a moment it is a month after the game comes out and you post how a level 4 AoE spell works and 20 years later not one person has corrected you and all the major sites still say "This spell hits ALL the monsters around the caster".

Just stop trying to screw up the way classic was because you think some AoE caster is going to steal everything from you. That's all i'm asking alright.

If you played tell me the server and character name you had if you didn't play who are you to argue with someone that did?
Old 09-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

I will tell you this much vyal, I will never take your word for anything. But If you can prove it, I'd be your ally.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found a post from Brad McQuaid I mentioned here:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=334656

These changes are not mentioned for bards / clerics / enchanters. Not that the list isn't missing some things, and not that Dolain's original post isn't compelling.
"+ Enhanced AoE Spells to let Magicians effect more creatures"
But you don't know exactly what that means.
It could mean that some creatures didn't take damage from the spell not that the spell didn't actually damage many mobs at once.
You also don't know what spells exactly were effected.
Was it rain spells possibly only hitting one mob?
Rain spells were buggy as hell back then they didn't work as intended half the time.
It could just mean they fixed rain spells so that they worked correctly.
You can see a comment at the bottom
"If you don't believe it .. explain to me why the 'rain enhancement'
wasn't listed
."
I don't have any idea what that means.

There isn't enough evidence there to determine anything for certainty unless of course you just go by what people who played then actually say.
Last edited by Vyal; 09-26-2019 at 09:26 AM..
Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played on fennin, rallos and the test server.

And there are plenty of places that you would have for sure seen bards swarm kiting if it was a thing. Crocs/orcs in oasis? Spiders/aviaks/gnolls/wisps/random furry shit in the karanas? Maybe mammoths all over everfrost? I'm sure the bard experts on p99 could point out more in vanilla EQ. And I'm not sure what hitting a wall at 25 has to do with anything? The reality is bards would have still be seen swarm kiting and it would have been a well known "thing" if it was happening. People would have seen them skyrocketing through levels on new servers, too, and saying "hey, wtf is up with this guy leveling so fast" even if in certain level ranges they may slow down. You'd probably also see posts of people pissed ff about bards stealing all the mobs to kite them, just like on p99.

And bards had an incredibly easy time getting groups. Enchanters/bards were rare but every group wanted mana faster. Even if you were a complete anti-social moron and terrible at the game you'd find a group that would happily let you drool in the corner playing the mana song.

People rarely kited just 3-4 mobs even well after release because the the internet was shit, peoples computers were shit, the servers were shit, and most people didn't know shit. So it's not surprising you have a hard time finding contemporary information about it.
You'll see bards won't be the first to 50 on green either. Once they hit 25 everyone will catch up and be miles ahead because there won't be anything for them to kite.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll see bards won't be the first to 50 on green either. Once they hit 25 everyone will catch up and be miles ahead because there won't be anything for them to kite.
Go to south karana. Problem solved. You only need 27 for charm.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm half tempted to download EQ login to my old account show you the play time, the title "Burning Champion" which was given out less then a month after the game came out.

I played back then I know what i'm talking about, that Ron guy knows what he's talking about, all the spell data sites that say "The AoE spell hits ALL the mobs around the caster" knows what they are talking about.

Imagine for a moment it is a month after the game comes out and you post how a level 4 AoE spell works and 20 years later not one person has corrected you and all the major sites still say "This spell hits ALL the monsters around the caster".

Just stop trying to screw up the way classic was because you think some AoE caster is going to steal everything from you. That's all i'm asking alright.

If you played tell me the server and character name you had if you didn't play who are you to argue with someone that did?

While I can find plenty of entertainment and pleasure in a well formed anecdote, it isnt data.

Find and post -evidence-, and see everyone sway to your side. Keep posting fond memories demanding people accept them as fact, and watch potential allies flee from you like rats from a ship.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I can find plenty of entertainment and pleasure in a well formed anecdote, it isnt data.

Find and post -evidence-, and see everyone sway to your side. Keep posting fond memories demanding people accept them as fact, and watch potential allies flee from you like rats from a ship.
I posted 3 pieces of evidence about AoE's.
Since it's the same few people who continue to say after I post it to post it. I'm fairly certain you guys are the type of people who think you're always right and no matter what you just can't accept the truth. In today's world it's a sickness, people can only accept the truths comfortable to them.

But I know AoE spells had no limits and it's such a stupid thing to even argue about. I know for certain the only time an AoE didn't hit many targets was because the game itself had many flaws when it came to casting them. You can chalk that up to bad client server code, connections, whatever, but when the spells worked correctly there was no limits.

Even if p99 devs refuses to make AoE classic because they think you lot of people are going to cry about bards or something stupid it's fine. When green drops I promise i'll probably be one of the first to 50 with manastone nothing is going to slow me down.

Not having AoE work correctly sucks for sure and it really is going to take much enjoyment out of the game for me. But there's some people who still play I know and have asked me to play on Green and before I even knew about all the changes to AoE I invited 20+ to come join. Not that there is even much to AoE or kite before Kunark anyways...

But you guys really need to stop this war you have on AoE casters.

You saw the video didn't you?
This one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUHDRz1Iv_U
You can see right here is an example of AoE group, there is more then 25 mobs there but on p99 you can't pull 25 mobs. Do you not understand how you wanting to keep changing how the game works screws up the way the game was?
Last edited by Vyal; 09-26-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Closed Thread