Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-01-2023, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Erudite is the second best option, possibly the best if you're not raid geared. I think fashion is the best reason to pick gnome, because saving one buff slot occasionally as a solo player isn't super useful IMO. Junk buff, c, gob, enlightenment, epic click, cha buff, bedlam, rune, magi, umbra, grm, jboots, levitate = 13. So with all that I still have room for gnome illusion and the only buff I really want from another player is potg or aego and you click off epic for regrowth or hb, etc.
Old 07-04-2023, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

You just man up, take the death xp penalty, loot your corpse and keep grinding ��
You will get xp so fast you won’t even care if you eat a couple deaths
Old 07-04-2023, 06:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Work on a strategy for when the shit hits the fan, and don't allow yourself to get into situations you can't handle unless you plan to overcome them. Die less.
This.

Never react to it live, have a plan. Set pre targets for CC on cycle keys. Every pacify is potentially x mobs, dont fuck around wasting precious bash timers and melee rounds trying to target mobs. Pre target your own corpse you drag around to land a mezmerisation on it as mobs approach etc instead of eating a combat round x 3 and a bash before getting a stun off.

Or just dont play a boring solo class in an MMO. Go make friends.
Old 07-04-2023, 08:56 AM
Aviak

I am dying left and right... it only really sucks in / after hell-levels.
Old 07-16-2023, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I envy y’all’s mindset. Personally, I despise death. Watching my precious exp slip away strums a note of pain in my heart. I’m a casual, so that exp is hella hard to come by when you don’t know your arse from a hole in the ground in the EQ world and playtime is limited. This is why my enchanter is sitting at 27, naked and untouched. So close to clarity, too.
It is possible to play it very safe to where you almost literally cannot die

Example: charm solo singles outside against a zone wall to minimize the pathing of adds. Have the mob and your charmed pet be fighting at a far enough distance from you where if charm breaks, you can cast mez on it before it can run up to you. Normally most enchanters would just stun->GCD reset->mez, but you don’t have to do that. Just don’t stand anywhere near your charmed pet

Before you break charm, tell it to “guard here” as you stand way the hell away. Then it can’t close the distance before you can root it (don’t mez here because mez can blur it and heal it back up a few ticks and that’s not what you want, you want to kill it), and kill it

If doing this, you should literally only die whenever your internet suddenly drops

Or I’ve even heard of enchanters using the animation exclusively to solo. If you keep resummoning to get the highest level one, and make sure to use the highest rank slow on the mob you kill, the animation can kill blues all the way to 60, assuming you don’t mind getting 50% exp the entire time and being bored out of your mind. I don’t recommend this, but it’s doable
Old 07-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Banned

If you want to die a lot, carry torches and haste your charmed pet

Holy shit, at level 57 a hasted torch carrying blue mob can melt through both my shields in 1 second and spam hit me to where I sometimes can’t even get a stun off

I gave up doing it. If I give it a torch, I’m not hasting it. If I haste it, I’m not giving it a torch

Not worth the risk at lev 57 IMO

(It is cool to watch them massacre stuff tho)
Old 07-16-2023, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to die a lot, carry torches and haste your charmed pet
Mitigate this by phoning a buddy for some duo action. Paladins and Clerics are clutch because of their ressing abilities.

If you are mowing through mobs quickly via a hasted torched pet with said pet getting CH'd or changing pets as soon as hp is low, a death here or there that is res'd at 90+% may still be faster exp overall than playing it safe.

It's a matter of preference. Fast paced play with high risk/reward. You will eat some deaths. Vs. Slower paced play with non-hasted pet for medium risk/reward. Less deaths.

A duo'd partner makes all the difference for which is preferable.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mitigate this by phoning a buddy for some duo action. Paladins and Clerics are clutch because of their ressing abilities.

If you are mowing through mobs quickly via a hasted torched pet with said pet getting CH'd or changing pets as soon as hp is low, a death here or there that is res'd at 90+% may still be faster exp overall than playing it safe.

It's a matter of preference. Fast paced play with high risk/reward. You will eat some deaths. Vs. Slower paced play with non-hasted pet for medium risk/reward. Less deaths.

I read shaman is a far superior duo partner for an enchanter than cleric or paladin.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-16-2023, 04:18 PM
Banned

They are wonderful. They just can't cover the ENC dies-a-lot and needs a res part.

If death is avoided then you are onto something.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Very good points, in fact as I was typing it out I was thinking “unless I had like a clr duo” lol

But alas, my playtimes are super weird and short and so it’s been a lone wolf life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]