Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 04-18-2024, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both of those robes dropped off one pd,magic.
thats awesome

i love the idea of iksar only guild lol...i wonder what the hardest kills they've done (no alliance raiding)
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-18-2024 at 10:07 AM..
Old 04-19-2024, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't check the forums much and don't post often, and I don't know who you are. I do agree with the other posters in that when you try and "fight the trolls", you actually make threads extremely difficult to follow and good information is buried amongst the back and forth, and you also seem incapable of just letting something go. That's a shame, because you seem to have knowledge of the shaman class, and you've posted about it, but then just repeat it over and over as if it will finally convince the "trolls" of your points.

We can even see it with the OP of this thread who got the information they needed on page one, and new players are not going to read 90+ pages of a thread that's just the same arguments ad nauseam.

I'd encourage you to let your ideas just stand on their own merit instead of repeating them forever.
The thread is not 90 pages because of me. It's 90 pages because trolls keep posting bloat like off-topic comments, insults, misinformation, etc. They also repeat their points ad nauseum, and they do this first. Singling me out shows you simply haven't read this thread, or the others like it.

If you are concerned about bloated threads, fight the people who are actually bloating the threads, not the people trying to provide actual answers to OP's question like myself. This thread was answered on page 1, but the trolls can't help themselves.

It's going to be even harder to find information if you let the trolls win. You'll see 20 completely wrong posts for every 1 that is correct. They purposely post false information as trolling, because they don't care about these forums or helping others.

If more people call out the trolls and post correct information, it will be harder for the trolls to be believed, and their misinformation won't be as prevalent. They will get bored of the pushbck, as bullies generally can't handle pushback from multiple people. They thrive on ganging up on single people, and hoping it silences others out of fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did read your Shaman Race Guide though, and I found your points interesting, although I'd argue they come truly out of an ideal math scenario and not practical experience in any way, especially your points about FSI in raiding and in resist solo scenarios. If you look at FSI in vacuum, sure, you may be able to cast Gate one cast sooner. You could also just click your WC cap, which I assume you have if you're fighting hard content, which is the scenario you bring up where it's useful.

This is not an argument for the other racial bonuses. I was a sweaty raider on Blue and on especially on Green, where I raided from Classic -> Velious and did every single piece of content so many times I never want to raid again. The situations in which you say FSI is "Overall Useful" are so few and far between actually happening that I found FSI "Overall Useless" in almost every single scenario outside of hard soloing. I can't think of a single time that FSI was the determining factor of landing a slow in raid content ever in all my history of zerg and low man raiding.
In raiding all racials are muted for the most part. You have to look at these things relatively. Racial regeneration has less overall use in raids. 8 HP/Tick is not going to save you when a flurry is quadding you for 700. FSI can allow you to land a slow before you die, however. Is the chance low? Sure! but it's better than racial regeneration in that scenario, which is the point. That is one reason why FSI is better in raids, even with the understanding that no racial is necessary for raiding.

Some people like having the best possible advantage via Min/Maxing, even when that advantage is small.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-19-2024 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-19-2024, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

i like bloated threads because it gives me something to read at work
Old 04-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I just spent six months reading stinky bloat.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
DSM
If you are concerned about bloated threads, fight the people who are actually bloating the threads, not the people trying to provide actual answers to OP's question like myself. This thread was answered on page 1, but the trolls can't help themselves.
This is gold plated.

I honestly cannot tell if you are serious or the top troll here.

Kudos buddy, now off ya trot an' get an icecream.
Also.

An entire screen full of bloat complaining about trolls bloating up threads that have (by your admission) been answered on page 1.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is gold plated.

I honestly cannot tell if you are serious or the top troll here.

Kudos buddy, now off ya trot an' get an icecream.
Also.

An entire screen full of bloat complaining about trolls bloating up threads that have (by your admission) been answered on page 1.
These are some posters who generally bloat threads with nonsense:

Troxx 160
bcbrown 117
Toxigen 60
Duik 53
Ripqozko 11
Penish 11

Total is 412 posts to my 368.

Most of the posts from these users are some combination of insults, off-topic nonsense, trolling, unnecessary posts etc. There's a bit of genuine back and forth, but it's honestly hard to tell when posters like Troxx and Bcbrown are actually being serious. Those two are both admitted trolls. You (Duik) are also a troll who has just gotten off a ban. Toxigen sometimes bloats threads, depending on their mood.

It's very easy to check the post history of the thread by just reading the first few pages of the thread. It's easy to check the post history of the above mentioned posters in this thread. I never start these long threads. I am just responding to the nonsense. If you don't post nonsense, I don't need to reply. Trying to lie about who's bloating the threads doesn't make any sense. Nobody will believe you.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-19-2024 at 05:11 PM..
Old 04-19-2024, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Bingo. Bloat for bloats sake.

Quote:
DSM
If you don't post nonsense, I don't need to reply.
Exactly.
Last edited by Duik; 04-19-2024 at 07:50 PM..
Old 04-19-2024, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly.
Since you agree with me that you are posting nonsense, please stop posting nonsense moving forward. You can post all the nonsense you want in RnF.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

lol

“I’m not the one bloating up the thread because all these other posters combined have 12% more total posts than the posts I made by myself”

Dude. You. By yourself. Are. More. Than. One. Third. Of. The. Total. Posts. In. Ninety. Four. Pages. Of. Posts.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol

“I’m not the one bloating up the thread because all these other posters combined have 12% more total posts than the posts I made by myself”

Dude. You. By yourself. Are. More. Than. One. Third. Of. The. Total. Posts. In. Ninety. Four. Pages. Of. Posts.
You continue to make yourself look bad with this nonsense. I don't know why you keep doing it. Multiple posters have responded to me in this thread.

If three posters reply to a single poster, you'll end up with one poster who has 3 posts, and three posters who have 1 post each. This is very simple math.

Nobody would claim that the person with 3 posts in this scenario is bloating the thread. There is one post per reply, which is normal.

This is just classic trolling/bullying behavior from Troxx and friends. You gang up on people you disagree with in an attempt to silence them. This is because you cannot win a debate by yourself. Again, here are the actual post count numbers:

Quote:
Troxx 160
bcbrown 117
Toxigen 60
Duik 53
Ripqozko 11
Penish 11

Total is 412 posts to my 368.
My posts are in response to posters like these. If you didn't troll this thread, there would be 320 less posts in this thread. -160 from you, and -160 responses from myself. I never start these long back and forth sessions. The post history is quite clear.

You have the second highest post count in this thread. I am not sure why you are trying to bring up post count anyway lol.

Lying about what happened in this thread just makes you look worse.

If you want to stop thread bloat, stop lying and posting nonsense. Then other posters don't have to defend themselves or correct falsehoods. RnF is specifically designed for you kind of posting.

Quote:
Must. Respond. Can't not respond. It is my lifes imperative.
You are the one who feels compelled to post nonsense all the time after everybody else, contributing nothing but bloat to the thread.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-19-2024 at 09:09 PM..