Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PL is dumb. The game is way more fun when you play it.
PL is dumb, but using in-game quests to level more quickly is most definitely not. I wish I had known about gnoll fangs when I started my first few chars on the server (all my chars on live leveled in Crushbone/Faydwer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Kobold

The thing I hate about pl is the fact you have to work that much harder to get your skills up to par once you reach a later level. This is a heavily skill based game and powerleveling just gimps you too much in my opinion.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
skill based game
3...2...1... flame!

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a heavily skill based game
Oh gosh, not this again. No.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is a heavily skill based game
I'd agree based on the # of people who are just not good at EverQuest here.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd agree based on the # of people who are just not good at EverQuest here.
What do you define as "skill" in EQ?

The problem is the word - typically when you hear "skill" you think of a basketball player's % to make a shot or a person's hand-eye coordination, or some other physical ability that can be virtually infinitely improved in a certain context.

EQ "skills" are not so. They *basically* plateau immediately. There are a few tiny tricks here and there but it doesn't increase much beyond that point. Once you've practiced soloing big-time mobs with charm or slow/torpor/etc/etc, you really don't get better at it. You just learn nuances of execution against different mobs. That's not really skill so much as it is knowledge.

So when you say there are tons of people who are bad at EQ, it means they lack a pretty basic set of skills; not that they're like "the worst player in the NFL", which is actually pretty damn good in terms of skill.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Kobold

I'm pretty sure he was talking about skills such as dodge, alteration, 1h slash, 2h slash, piercing ..... all that stuff that's a bitch to train after powerleveling.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure he was talking about skills such as dodge, alteration, 1h slash, 2h slash, piercing ..... all that stuff that's a bitch to train after powerleveling.
Sadly, I do not believe he was. It goes up pretty fast nowadays. I think they fixed it a few months ago so it doesn't take forever to do...

Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly, I do not believe he was. It goes up pretty fast nowadays. I think they fixed it a few months ago so it doesn't take forever to do...
Oh, nice! After casting True North a few thousand times, you'd think your character would have it down...
Old 06-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can pay for PLing, why can't you just drop the extra plat on training your skills up?
Closed Thread