Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Aviak

can't recall which patch it is, but ask in game.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it is back to the way it was with re doing V36 patch.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't let Al Sharpton see that!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sort of looks like Targeting to me.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Night vision penalties are one of those things that would never make it in any mmo anymore. "Too hard," "pointless hassle," etc. -- nerf minded ne'er-do-wells, who think the ideal game is one which plays itself, they have no balls.

racial night vision penalties 4eva
Old 12-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

Just as long as you realize your human should be completely blind without a vision spell at night in most zones... we'll be good when this is made truly classic

Right now? We've gotten a big step forward

Hell, I had trouble at night in Nektulos on my first dark elf when I started him

Best of luck to whoever codes it
Old 12-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as long as you realize your human should be completely blind without a vision spell at night in most zones... we'll be good when this is made truly classic

Right now? We've gotten a big step forward

Hell, I had trouble at night in Nektulos on my first dark elf when I started him

Best of luck to whoever codes it
None of it means anything if people find a dozen ways around it. People don't want classic.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nerf minded ne'er-do-wells
just beautiful truly poetic
Old 12-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Messiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of it means anything if people find a dozen ways around it. People don't want classic.

People want classic if ez ways around the classic mechanics are not basically handed to them. Like take bards -- who must be nerfed mercilessly until they become known as "oh, that singing ranger class?" -- the powerlevel game they run is possible in classic, but was largely unfeasible back in the olden days of regular game and zone crashes and assorted ld's. Likewise, the ease with which third party programs can now be run has caused the devs to take measures. This is the reason boxing is banned too: it is just way too easy to do in today's technological world.

So the devs have to take measures sometimes to keep things classic. It removes the temptation. And yet, the server thrives. Why? Because people do want classic; they just sometimes have to be nudged and reminded, that classic is the deal here. And they stay.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as long as you realize your human should be completely blind without a vision spell at night in most zones
Crossing my fingers that happens eventually. My first character was a human and I just ran my ass back into Qeynos when the sun went down. Venturing out further and further from civilization became quite terrifying, even with a light source.

I also remember infravision casting a reddish tint on enemies at night. Ugh, that needs to happen.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Human night vision
classic sky right there