Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 03:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Saryrn used NFP too, "selling a bag of stuff at the bank, open trade window to inspect!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Veeshan and I think a couple others it was NFP ^^
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Aviak

On Tallon Zek, by the time I started playing (Kunark), the major markets were OT for evil races and Gfay for good races, and it was sometimes hard to get a hold of items that predominantly dropped in "good" territories if you were buying in OT, and likewise for "evil" territory drops in Gfay. There were some dungeons that were primarily occupied by evil races and some by good races, and then some that were always contested (Guk comes to mind).

When I started playing on the server, cross-teaming was very frowned upon, at least between good ("lighties") and evil ("darkies") - it was trolls, ogres, DEs, and iksars vs everyone else for the most part. It wasn't until Pandemonium was formed from a merger of lighties and darkies that the walls started to come down, then it became guild vs. guild basically.

One thing I noticed on Tallon Zek is that we called Golden Efreeti Boots "eboots" pretty much exclusively from what I remember. I had no idea what GEBS were when I first started playing on P99.
Last edited by AstyTZ; 03-09-2015 at 09:52 AM..
Old 03-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xegony was known as a shit hole of drama
Often referred to as being very Ghetto. It was different.

H
Old 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tholuxe Paells was NFP, at least back in 2000 when I started. Always weirds me out a bit to see the bank area empty.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

I tried all 3 pvp servers (well 4 counting Sullon but training does not = pvp to me and I quit that one quickly) and I stuck with Vallon due to the overall attitude of the server. VZ first developed loot n scoot (player driven not gm driven), people seemed to have more honor in pvp, the overall shit talking was so much lower. it wasn't until people exploited cross teaming that finally ruined it.
Rallos was just a blue server where you could get ganked and lose your gear by "pks". Tallon seemed to have more of a "SZ before there was an SZ" attitude. I believe they started crossteaming much earlier than VZ and Pandemonium ruled with an iron fist by any means necessary.
On VZ I started as a lightie but switched to the darkies because being the underdog was fun and attacking anyone not on your team was much more fun than these strange RZ like lightie alliances where you could still get ganked by people you thought were on your team (why I like hard coded teams so much better than FFA pvp)
Old 03-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

From my memories of Kunark-GoD on Mith Marr:
Auction was NFP until Bazaar went live.
Lots of PUGs used 200-300 for /ran.
Afterlife and Forsaken Realm (distant #2) ran the raid scene, but I was never close enough to even contend.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
veeshan play here. nfp is the best trade zone

i miss that beautiful NFP bank music and 100s evils hanging out in the tunnel and training bard guild on them
Old 03-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Also veeshan, the best deals were always out back "behind jades" obvioulsy
Old 03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

also getting your ogre non-kos and blocking the tiny bank entrance
Closed Thread