Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

No contest Luclin gnomes look way better

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerboy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gamma wasn't as good either in classic days, why don't you change that back to dark like it was in the classic days too? I saw P99 tried it for like a day and everyone hated it lol....hmm...strange...when those classic experiences come back people bitch...
Unfortunately, that gamma experiment didn't result in a "classic experience." They reverted that change for a reason.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No contest Luclin gnomes look way better

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahahah. That's so bad! Looks like a really buffed out Patrick Stewart. Old model gnomes look bad. But still way better than that.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahahah. That's so bad! Looks like a really buffed out Patrick Stewart. Old model gnomes look bad. But still way better than that.
The old female model looks like a de-buffed Tasha Yar
Old 04-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Apparently someone needs to make a ST:NG video using the Luclin gnome models. Get on it! I'd watch it!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The old female model looks like a de-buffed Tasha Yar
Why would anyone play a female? Is this a cooking and laundry game?
Old 04-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Kobold

both gnome graphics look a bit mentally challenged. derbe derrrrrb
Old 04-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most people who get uppity about luclin models are just voicing their opinion about how much they hate them because they think they're ugly. I don't like luclin models either but I don't give a crap if someone else uses them. Unfortunately you're probably right though, hypocrites gonna be hypocrites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only care about two things:
1. what displays on my screen, i.e. your luclin halfling models aren't on my screen, so I don't care.
2. exploits/cheats, i.e. the troll/ogre using luclin models to move where they could not using classic models is no different than the troll/ogre using some other resize hack for the same purpose, someday i'll smile and nod when the devs come up with a way to stop the cheating.

:shrug: People who cheat at MMO elf-sims puzzle me, always have, always will.
The two answers that sum up my feelings on the matter the best.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Skeleton

I personally love the old classic models.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:39 AM
Banned

So is this actually a thing? Will Luclin models actually be blocked? How would you even enforce that? Considering we must go around the 'patcher' as it is, and do it ourselves. Banning for luclin models? Laughable honestly.

Your 60 epic monk got banned? MQ or what bro?
Nah, i had my luclin lizards turned on so it didnt look like i was playing a pokemon named Polygon.

If the devs even got behind the idea of enforcing classic models, i would also expect them to crack down on UI's, spell gem icons, textures, shadows, any improved graphics options, all dedicated graphics cards(or at least ones made in the last 10 years), internet connections above 50kbps, and the ability to tab to wiki for a map without crashing. Thats what classic is, not some character models that only I see ffs.
Closed Thread