Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Kobold

There's a good Cleric undead soloing guide on the wiki for untwinked chars.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiefboy777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! Yes I have seen that.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiefboy777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being a Battle Cleric does require pretty much a darn good weapon to pull it off even at low levels. I am not talking about a 5k item, but say a Smoldering Brand or something in that range stats wise. You have a pretty small mana pool at lower levels, and you Need to Melee to make it happen killing mobs solo.

A half well geared Cleric, not talking a twink, can tank about as well as the same geared Pally level wise. I think even better with their DD spells and stuns at low levels. So do not be afraid of going toe to toe because you have very good heals, way better than a Pally, at any level mana wise. The big change higher up is your weapon skill caps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] They really start to fall behind a Pally. Not that they are some uber DPS machine. I have gone to nearly 50 solo on mine in the past. So they can do it if you really want to.

But to be fair hardly and class on here other than a Enchanter does well past 50 solo wise,. even a Necro, Mage, SK, Monk hits the wall. They all can, but it is painfully slow to do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Even a Bard runs of out sort of safe mobs, zones, to kite after even level 45ish.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, cleric it isn't.
Just flashed back...level 40-something cleric on live, soloing hill giants in Rathe Mountain...there was a lot of emergency mem-wiping and running around in large circles, LOM and desperately trying to land a root.

It's not for the faint of heart, let's just say that.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread