Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not in love with the idea of Green being split in to "real classic" players and "wannabe" ones, but at least that's better than telling everyone to turn their monitor down if they want night blindness (or any other "just do it on your own computer if you want it classic" response).
Do you think it helps anything to label people you disagree with and insult them?
Old 09-25-2019, 04:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends what you mean by classic UI. Classic had tiny window and full screen at launch. For some reason a lot of people just always played in little window mode and didn't know you could switch between them. If you were in the full screen and you went into the spellbook it put you into the small window UI until you you exited the book then you went back to full screen.
Bingo. And it could be my memory... but didn't Classic EQ NOT have 3rd party view? Wasn't it all in 1st person at launch? I remember being ecstatic when we could use 3rd person.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, love the old ads. I was a big Creative fan until I read what they did to Aureal. They went into a BS lawsuit with them and lost but cost Aureal so much in legal fees they had to close shop. Then Creative purchased all of Aureals tech then shelved it. Many old enthusiasts agree that Aureal was superior.

Aureals sound demo from Thief 2 (mind the year)

So creative sued their main competitor out of business then caused so many problems with Windows drivers that Windows Vista removed the access. This was worked around with Creative Alchemy but essentially killed the hardware accelerated sound market. These days you are lucky if any PC game advertises sound as part of its game design, if it has something it will be software based. The enthusiasm left when the hardware did and perhaps the advancements as well. How I kept situation awareness in original everquest while having my book up (blind) was my speakers. I used a creative card at the time with its version of 3D soundscapes. I could hear the Hill Giant or the Shadow Wolf walking around me.

Quote:
On March 5, 1998 Creative Labs sued Aureal for patent infringement. Aureal countersued because they believed Creative was guilty of patent infringement. After numerous lawsuits Aureal won a favorable ruling in December 1999,which vindicated Aureal from these patent infringement claims, but the legal costs were too high and Aureal filed for bankruptcy. On September 21, 2000, Creative acquired Aureal's assets from its bankruptcy trustee for US$32 million through the bankruptcy court, with the specific provision that Creative Labs would be released from all claims of past infringement by Creative Labs upon Aureal's A3D technology. The purchase included patents, trademarks, other property, as well as a release to Creative from any infringement by Creative of Aureal's intellectual property including A3D. The purchase effectively eliminated Creative's only competition in the gaming audio market. It also eliminated any requirements for Creative to pay past or future royalties as well as damages for products which incorporated Aureal's technology.
Arstechnica forum, Sound card discussion - year 2000
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-25-2019 at 05:23 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 05:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not as bad as you expected. Time to let it go. That's not a fight you want to pick.
No shit Sherlock, I literally JUST said that in the post you quoted.

But what I DON'T stand for, ever, is complete strangers telling me what to do, as if they are my master. You're not. Shove your superior attitude up yer azz.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

So, pets giving 100% xp so long as you do at least 1 point of damage.... classic? or just a blue thing?
Old 09-25-2019, 05:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras!

Also, will we have an original Splitpaw Dungeon?
Splitpaw is what I'm waiting for too.

Please make an attempt at recreating original Splitpaw. That was my favorite zone in EQ, and it was sickening to me when they replaced it with level 25-40 content to release pressure on other zones.

Do your best recreating with that crazy high level Dark Elf wizard Nixx Nenix who spawns after you kill one of the Gnoll shamen and rampages the zone. If you need help, I never visited the new version and have a pretty good memory of the mob placement, drops, rough levels.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991013.../splitpaw.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20001202...asp?mapID=1509

https://web.archive.org/web/20000618...ge/paw/map.htm
Old 09-25-2019, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please make an attempt at recreating original Splitpaw. That was my favorite zone in EQ, and it was sickening to me when they replaced it with level 25-40 content to release pressure on other zones.

Do your best recreating with that crazy high level Dark Elf wizard Nixx Nenix who spawns after you kill one of the Gnoll shamen and rampages the zone. If you need help, I never visited the new version and have a pretty good memory of the mob placement, drops, rough levels.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991013.../splitpaw.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20001202...asp?mapID=1509

https://web.archive.org/web/20000618...ge/paw/map.htm
This thread will give you tons of info on the old zone! Enjoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=326454 I added your amazing post! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-25-2019 at 06:01 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, pets giving 100% xp so long as you do at least 1 point of damage.... classic? or just a blue thing?
All reports I've seen say that it's a Blue thing which won't be repeated on Green. If you can find proof on the http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes page that says otherwise though ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you, Jibartik, and everyone else who wants this is going to have to wait for Green 2.0.

Look, the devs are already scrambling to get the relevant Necro GM NPCs out of Paineel and into Toxx: they're not even sure they're going to be able to pull that off (meaning they may start Green with a very obviously unclassic feature).

Given that they've never tested "Paw 1.0", on Blue or anywhere else, I think it's completely unrealistic to expect that they'll pull a new zone out from nowhere and release it on Green without any testing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure R&N would love to have a proper classic Paw if they could ... I just don't think they can.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All reports I've seen say that it's a Blue thing which won't be repeated on Green. If you can find proof on the http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes page that says otherwise though ...
Not complaining, I just want to have this straight. I am trying out two INT casters for green on blue currently. The pet dynamics will change?
Closed Thread