Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seen it before. I had the thought just now that I couldn't write it, and neither could most of us here on P99. We wouldn't be able to be so wrong about so many of the game mechanics anymore.

Danth
Sigh. You guys give the name "forum trolls" a new meaning. It was written for entertainment, not game mechanics and forum warriors. Good God. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I posted this for people to enjoy, and you do nothing but piss on the parade. What is wrong with you?
Old 09-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

C-
Old 09-26-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sigh. You guys give the name "forum trolls" a new meaning. It was written for entertainment, not game mechanics and forum warriors. Good God. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I posted this for people to enjoy, and you do nothing but piss on the parade. What is wrong with you?
Must suck going through life assuming the worst out of everything you read or hear. There's no troll and no negativity in my previous comment. Quite the opposite in fact, it's lamenting the loss of wonder in the game.

Danth
Old 09-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes if combined with FD

if you did 51% hp damage to a mob and did a successful FD, the kill would be attributed to non-player source and there would not be a corpse

this was fixed by changing the rules so that if a player did at least 1 damage, he would get credit for a kill even where all the other damage came from non-player sources,

which in turn made it possible to exploit two different factions by making them fight each other

an easy way to start a faction war was to charm a caster, spam the pet attack / back off key to get it to cast an attack spell on a mob on another faction, and to break the charm while the pet was casting, this would cause the mobs to fight, additional mobs could simply be trained into the fight

this is classic and should be on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I remember someone did this in Qeynos. They managed to get the monk and rogue guild fighting each other. It was pretty awesome!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must suck going through life assuming the worst out of everything you read or hear. There's no troll and no negativity in my previous comment. Quite the opposite in fact, it's lamenting the loss of wonder in the game.

Danth
Riiiiiiiiiiight. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not one word you posted even hinted at lamentation.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

If you choose to ignore reality staring you in the face because you're afraid to "lose face" on the internet, that makes you the forum troll. You're wrong. Won't kill you to admit it and move on.

Danth
Old 09-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

"Ranger slashes A Sky Blue Dragon for 49 damage
Monk kicks A Sky Blue Dragon for 200 damage
Warrior taunts A Sky Blue Dragon
Rogue backstabs A Sky Blue Dragon for 400 damage
Shadow Knight Harmtouches A Sky Blue Dragon for 800 damage
Magician hits A Sky Blue Dragon for nonmelee for 850 damage
Druid hits A Sky Blue Dragon for nonmelee for 1020 damage
Bard twists mana and hp recovery songs
Wizard's spell has been resisted"

"Necromancer strikes up a conversation with Jimi Hendrix
Necromancer lights a cigar
Monk kicks A Sky Blue Dragon for 450 damage
Warrior kicks A Sky Blue Dragon for 3 damage
A Sky Blue Dragon is stunned
Warrior: Woo hoo
Druid begins to cast a spell
Monk uberpunches A Sky Blue Dragon for 800 damage
Warrior kicks A Sky Blue Dragon for 10 damage
A Sky Blue Dragon is stunned
Warrior: Twice in a row!"

These made me laugh out loud. Well done, bud.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
If you choose to ignore reality staring you in the face because you're afraid to "lose face" on the internet, that makes you the forum troll. You're wrong. Won't kill you to admit it and move on.

Danth
Too bad you lack introspection.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did dots make corpse poof at classic? :-)
LOL you know, this actually tingles something inside my nostalgia brain.

I have no evidence, but I have a tingle.

I am legit wondering, was this a thing?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread