Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the wiz died on his pally and lost the camp while I maintained FD afk presence
i announce moving into the camp upon noticing pal death
wiz runs into camp I just killed and declares it’s still his
dies another two times trying to steal lost camp aNd barrages me with abusive tells and threats

im the bad guy
Old 10-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Fire Giant

EQ has always been the same. The rules are "subject to interpretation"

There will always be people who try to grief on technicalities. Usually the same people who cry when a community gathers together and gives them a world of shit. I can recall ninja looters, trainers and griefers being utterly shunned and treated like lepers.

They couldnt get groups and barely got a moments peace in a zone.

Im pretty sure on green it will start off savage AF. Then those who made quick gains at the cost of reputation will have to make an alt to escape their past.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

I see you made three screenshots and we are only conveniently seeing one of them! Why were the gnomes dancing? Dragon breath can't melt adamantite!!!
Old 10-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules

These are very basic guidelines when it comes to camps in this game.
For open outdoor zones you can claim a single spawn point. This may include SF, Hadden or OOT AC. If you're camping these mobs you need to get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
For dungeon type zones our general guideline is line of sight(LOS)/agro range. This works for pretty much everything. Couple exemptions may be Fungi King or Captain in Karnors because it's not exactly practical to camp on top or within LOS/agro range of their spawns.
Your interpretation of the rules is wrong. Your quote is about LOS is only in regards to what can be claimed as a camp, and does not state that you have to remain in LOS at all times.

You don't have to be right on top of where a mob spawns the entire time you're waiting on it to spawn in order to hold a camp. Nor are you required to respond to champ checks (which Chortles used as justification for stealing the camp. Despite the fact that they did respond, but not before he claimed it as his own like 10 seconds after doing a camp check.). The only stated requirement is that the person camping something "maintains a presence" if there's a dispute.

There isn't a perfect example in the rulings, but the following illustrates this point (found at the bottom of the linked page):

"For example, let's say a group of players is holding down all the mobs of "CE" (the combination of the Sebilis camps of Crypt and the Emperor), which includes seven named mobs total, and another solo player wants to do the Crypt. If the group only counts as one player, they would be forced to pick one room of the Crypt, the soloer would get another, and the group/soloer would race each other to the rest."

In this example, it's a group farming multiple things, but it's stated pretty clearly that even though they weren't sat there at the mob's spawn point the entire time, they still have the camp and someone can't just show up and take it.

TLDR: If you're gonna be an asshole who tries to rules lawyer his way into stealing people's camps, then I would suggest you first learn the rules.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

just wanted you to know that im better than you, in every way.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Banned

the group was no were to be found LOS of camp upon my engagement of camp
i suggest you reread the server rules you blue players seem unable to follow
Old 10-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

Blegh i fail
Old 10-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
the group was no were to be found LOS of camp upon my engagement of camp
i suggest you reread the server rules you blue players seem unable to follow
Doesn't matter where they were when you showed up; as long as they didn't leave the zone. I base my interpretation of the rulings on actual rulings by GMs; not the opinion of some willfully ignorant half-wit who's only been on the server for two months.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't expect Chortles to ever learn, admit he was wrong, or stop being toxic, but I do feel it's important to correct people when they try to spread misinformation.
Closed Thread