Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Kobold

I don't know, I've been seeing rotten behavior in this game since I started. From Live to here, it's all pretty consistent. What's also consistent is that it's vastly in the minority. Most people are at worst indifferent and at best really cool. Move along and the law of averages will catch up and you'll find better folks to hang with.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Aviak

Yes, people can be assholes.

But to play devil's advocate.

Is it not a bit selfish to think that you are the center of this game with 1400 players in it.

Just because someone did not want to pick you for dodge ball, does not affect or influence anyone. Look at that wall of text you wrote over nothing.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Don't give up!

We've all been there, had bad days and whatnot. You said you are a Magician? OMG dude you picked a great soloing class. Plenty of great places for a Mage to solo without danger. Check out Naerron's fantastic Mage solo xp guide here.

Castle Mistmoore can get crazy. It gets competitive, with groups competing for mobs, avoiding trains, etc. Sure the xp is great, but some days you might spend more time LFG in there while you could be soloing up some sweet xp.

Are you guilded? If not, check out College of Adventure, we are a growing guild with members the same level as you. Like seriously, now is the perfect time to hop in.

Good luck!
Last edited by Maelstrom; 06-10-2015 at 09:40 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Aviak

Yikes, if not getting invited into a group works you up this much I'd hate to see your reaction after getting cut off in traffic. Maybe EQ isn't for you if you can't handle a little group rejection.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko37qtl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know, I've been seeing rotten behavior in this game since I started. From Live to here, it's all pretty consistent. What's also consistent is that it's vastly in the minority. Most people are at worst indifferent and at best really cool. Move along and the law of averages will catch up and you'll find better folks to hang with.
This.

Hate to say it, but "Shit's classic". This behaviour went on in Live re: intentional training, swarm kiting, PLvers (the worst for obnoxious behaviour IMO), et al. However, minority of players - except for certain zones which were notorious for asshats.

I have a notepad and pen due beside me - due to old school mechanics re: lack of journal - and in Live used to have a 'Shit List' of asshats inc. their behaviour that caused them to be added to the list, to remember them in later levels.

If you get truly obnoxious behaviour and/or kids who cannot play nicely in the sandbox together re: douche behaviour like claiming ALL wandering mobs in an outdoor zone as a camp, then inform them that they are wrong, and play as normal. If you get intentionally trained, discuss in OOC, screen-shot, /petition and RnF. Actually, probably Server Chat because it has to be truly epic to be considered RnF material.

Re: Guilds. Just because players are wearing a tag above their heads, doesn't necessarily mean those players will play at a higher standard. The guild actually has to have a standing in the community before anyone actually cares.

Re: Group dynamics. Was chatting in /guild last night about grouping, and a particularly infamous thread in RnF regarding a player who spent 6 hours LFG and then had a melt-down. At no point did said player (a) do something else in-game, or (b) attempt to form a group themselves.

Always keep in mind: WWFD [What Would Fansy Do?]
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 06-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

First of all, I have a hard time feeling bad for a Mage who can't get a group. If you cant get a group where you are, go somewhere else. If you need help going somewhere else, pm me and I'll port you tonight,

Also, if a group is able to keep a certain number of mobs down with less than a full group, why should they feel obligated to let others join? I was in a group last night with great synergy and we invited a sixth to "fill it up," a somewhat more casual player who we wanted to pull, and the person had no idea what was going on and get himself killed twice, bringing our efficiency to a screeching halt.

I don't know anything about you so I am sorry if I am making assumptions about you, but you have no reason to be upset if someone else stsrted a group, is keeping the mobs down, and doesn't want to invite a certain class to the fold. It's gotta be one of the most annoying things ever to be a puller, working my butt off to keep 1-3 mobs in camp, only to come back and see a Mage pet idle until the mob is at 40%. Again, I don't know if you're like this, but there is no reason why someone should have to invite you just because you're there. I can only squeeze in a few hours of play time on the weekdays, and I want to take the path thst will give me the most exp humanly possible. Most of the time, this means a group of rogues, monks, a chanter, and a cleric.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was really looking forward to today and one person, because he wanted to be an elitist ass, set in motion a chain of events that ruined my day. I'm sure he doesn't care, "don't cry bro", you know, but I really hope karma bites him in the ass.
He only ruined your day because you allowed him to.

No, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck when someone else doesn't go along with what you were hoping for in a day/life/whatever. But you really should be taking control of and responsibility for your own self and not letting other people dictate how you will feel at the end of the day.

Karma? Just a myth made up by people who don't carpe diem enough, hoping for revenge against people who wronged them and a better day tomorrow (but without actually putting enough effort into tomorrow, themselves).
Old 06-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Kobold

Unfortunately you cannot fully expect what some people would consider social norms, courtesy, and being a generally nice or helpful person to be translated well into the internet. Hence trolls. There is a sense of anonymity and hiding behind that monitor that will allow certain people to behave badly. Most internet tough guys would more than likely pee his pants or stay a silent altogether when confronted in real life with any sort of situation they cannot safely run away from or mouth off to via the internet.

Keep your head up, don't let them drag you down.

All I can say is, read the quote in my sig...
Old 06-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

IMO the real problem is just that the server is too crowded.

My best advice is to avoid popular spots completely if you normally play during prime time.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

someone who had grouped with me yesterday, wouldn't let me in the group, because he didn't want to group with casters.

I can tell you this isn't the EQ I knew.
Nub be nub, not much we can do about it unfortunately.

Most of the people that are 60 on this server at this point can't get there without PLVL then Chardok AOE anyways so don't let some idiot that "doesn't want to group with casters" throw you off.

Level 1 Rogues with epics is not the EQ you knew. People with 8 alts that would cost them hundreds of dollars a month in account fees is not the EQ you knew. Exploiting Chardok AOE on a regular basis which is facilitated by advanced computer hardware with processing power that is orders of magnitude higher than computers 15 years ago with a server staff that allows it to run amok for over a year and a half shows and complete apathy about it while still trying half-heartedly to "bust people for the RMT that goes on there" and flooding the server with a disproportionate number of lvl 60s is not the EQ you knew.

Also, Mistmoore in 20s is a COMPLETE shitshow. Deep in the castle is excellent XP in your high 30s and its always open because nobody can navigate it and survive. The pool and graveyard camps are EZ that's why its packed, yet you still see wipes regularly. There are plenty of things to go solo/duo in 20s if you don't want to deal with the hoi polloi.

Also, the group of nubs getting PLVLed "by a guildie" picked one of the most idiotic places to PLVL anybody - a highly populated zone that has a limited number of not-very-tough mobs. Still need to be close to that zoneout even though getting PLVLed. Its laughable really.
Closed Thread