Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Fire Giant

Monk solos pretty well early game, but as mobs get harder your solo ability goes down. They are very cheap to twink to a decent level... good monk weapons sell for 100pp or less.

So if you want a solo melee class, monk is the one that can kill the fastest. It could be argued that SKs and rangers can solo harder content due to fear kiting (in case of the ranger that is limited to animals), but monk will do more DPS.

Monk really is a great duo class. Especially monk/shaman is seen as one of the best duos at all.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar Necro is exactly what the op is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtobyr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never played Everquest before...
I like to have what I call "utility" abilities.
Playing a Iksar Necromancer will allow you to group or play solo. You get a nice list of utility spells including Root, Snare, Fear, Mana regen, feign death and some others.
Necros are solid all the way through leveling and even at end game content. Far less gear dependent then many other classes. So you can focus on leveling / enjoying the game rather then plat farming for gear to make your class good.

Why iksar? There is no other good choice for necro.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm planning out a few characters out when I start out. Since I like the Misty Thicket, I was thinking of starting out with a halfling Druid. I also like playing Enchanters but while playing TLE, it was a very tough choice between Dark Elf and Gnome. I liked both a lot especially with DE's Hide. I did eventually decide on a DE on TLE since their starting area/city was so close to the EC Tunnel. I might chose DE Enchanter again for P99.

I'm still completely undecided for what race I want to go with for Shaman and Necro. My original EQ1 character was a Barbarian Shaman while on TLE I had a Troll. I played a DE Necro on EQ2 but never tried one in any form of EQ1. I'm looking froward in giving it a try on P99 and again I haven't a clue in which race to pick.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

iksar necro hands down.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Necro race is easy, iksar. You cannot beat the Regen. Also starting area (and really all of Kunark) is awesome

Shaman race is a debate that literally had 5-10 threads on these forums with 100+ posts. Of you are looking to mainly solo, I would go with ogre. Frontal stun immunity is amazing for soloing. Its great low lvl and only gets better as you progress.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

gnome warrior solos pretty good
Old 01-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro race is easy, iksar. You cannot beat the Regen. Also starting area (and really all of Kunark) is awesome

Shaman race is a debate that literally had 5-10 threads on these forums with 100+ posts. Of you are looking to mainly solo, I would go with ogre. Frontal stun immunity is amazing for soloing. Its great low lvl and only gets better as you progress.
uh i would like to interupt and say that regen from iksar or troll is more valuble to a newbie shaman

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

that said shaman is a great soloer, but only if they have the right gear and experience..

enchanter is hard, so as a newb you could fail pretty badly at it.

necro is the easiest class to learn, and can be difficult to master, like an enchanter.

Druid is pretty easy to pickup and master. It can be a fine soloer, though limited as to what it is they can solo. Luckaly there is enough of what they can solo out there to get them to 60 xp wise though.

Mage is good, pretty much easy come easy go class.. I definitly think its the most netflix & chill of the options.

Bards obviously have thier +/- and can solo to 60 but its the kind of soloing where you're like, "what's the point of this? I don't even like this class".

hmm thats about it for me!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gnome warrior solos pretty good
You are cruel.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh i would like to interupt and say that regen from iksar or troll is more valuble to a newbie shaman

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

that said shaman is a great soloer, but only if they have the right gear and experience..

enchanter is hard, so as a newb you could fail pretty badly at it.

necro is the easiest class to learn, and can be difficult to master, like an enchanter.

Druid is pretty easy to pickup and master. It can be a fine soloer, though limited as to what it is they can solo. Luckaly there is enough of what they can solo out there to get them to 60 xp wise though.

Mage is good, pretty much easy come easy go class.. I definitly think its the most netflix & chill of the options.

Bards obviously have thier +/- and can solo to 60 but its the kind of soloing where you're like, "what's the point of this? I don't even like this class".

hmm thats about it for me!
Nah I disagree. Ogres make the best Shaman hands down; Regen is helpful but not nearly as helpful as having way better stats and frontal stun immunity. An Ogre has a bigger canni pool to work with instead of a smaller one with Regen and they quite literally mow shit down in melee. Plus Trolls have an xp penalty which is horrible for noobs in my experience
Old 02-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Bards are the only one to are able to selo
Closed Thread