Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Seafuries on GREEN99!!!!

Will the Seafuries be dropping gems as originally-intended during the Classic era of EverQuest? If so, can the players be trusted not to ruin it again, or will the same madness and insanity ensue?
Old 09-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

I think you can expect that any non-classic change that was made on blue will also be made on green, for the same reasons the change was made on blue.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

There was a question about this a little while ago, the going theory is that the change was to fix unclassic itemization, and so we should probubly expect the current drop rate.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Were seafuries changed for P99 specifically or was the change something that was part of the timeline? I forget. If it was changed on P99 specifically it might go in immediately, otherwise you can expect it to be changed at the correct moment in the timeline.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Sea furies were fixed to drop gems at the classic rate. Previously they were bugged to be too 'generous'.

I did sea furies the other day. They still drop gems. I got 6 in 13 kills.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sea furies were fixed to drop gems at the classic rate. Previously they were bugged to be too 'generous'.

Excellent.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the Seafuries be dropping gems as originally-intended during the Classic era of EverQuest?
Yes...hehehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If so, can the players be trusted not to ruin it again, or will the same madness and insanity ensue?
They weren't nerfed because of player behavior. They were nerfed to a more classic drop rate because evidence was presented. I looked and I can't find the thread with the evidence...does anyone have a link to it?

----

Some think they are still worth doing, though. So don't lament.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some think they are still worth doing, though. So don't lament.
Well that certainly doesn't sound "classic" to me. Seafuries were universally accepted as being essentially THE #1 cashcamp during Classic and Kunark.

I very clearly remember farming them night-after-night on my friend's lvl 60 Wizzy while he was on vacation one summer.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

They are only viewed bad now from the perspective that they used to drop 1-2 items worth 1-200pp each per kill.

It was rediculous, i remember making 1k every other quad while waiting for my turn on AC. Not classic and proven not classic with logs.

~150pp for a quad is still good.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I have no idea what happened to the drop rates I originally setup back in 1999 but the amount of gems that Jimjam listed is about what I would expect to see as drops (I know he listed a pretty small sample size). I am going to guess someone over the years may have increased them?

I know at one point some changed one my tables to include Sapphire Necklace/Ruby Crown at Seafurries which was just wrong. That was likely an inadvertent change and not done on purpose.

So rates being changed over a 10 year period would not have surprised me.
Closed Thread