Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed a few people poking fun at how he listed his OW rank but to me I read it as him trying to say that he has played games with a lot of toxic players. And I heard OW can get pretty bad.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to brag, but I've put in some serious hours into two competitive scenes that are considered really toxic within the gaming community. I notice the common response is "welcome to online gaming" like this is something new to me, and it's really not.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont let the door hit you on the way back to your safe wow server.
I don't play on Red, but isn't WoW more dangerous than EverQuest? Like if I log on my Rogue on Illidan, I'll probably die at least a dozen times doing world PVP. I don't even think I've died a dozen times since I started playing on Green. Granted the consequences of dying in EQ can be really severe. Like I don't really enjoy duo'ing Efreeti with strangers because I know if we die, I'm going to be stuck doing a hellacious CR with likely no outside help, haha.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed this mentality on P99, and it's one of the reasons I'm so vocal. Like people are so scared to call toxic players out because they're afraid of being attacked for it. I remember EverQuest 20 years ago where players enforced and regulated server rules and etiquette, and it's a large part of what made EverQuest amazing (your reputation actually mattered a lot compared to modern MMOs). Now we have PNP, toxic players, and zerg guilds that have made a lot of that irrelevant unfortunately.

Additionally a lot of these nerds have this mentality that if you aren't a complete push-over then you're obviously an asshole or jerk. These nerds have no idea that part of being a genuinely nice person is standing up for what you believe in and standing your ground and not being a passive-aggressive little bitch who whines in /tells while pretending to like the people who treat them like garbage 24/7.
Calls everyone else a whiney little bitch while posting multiple whining threads, and acts tough by flaming multiple other people and naming them but won’t name who he is on Green (despite claiming everyone on the server likes him)
Old 07-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calls everyone else a whiney little bitch while posting multiple whining threads, and acts tough by flaming multiple other people and naming them but won’t name who he is on Green (despite claiming everyone on the server likes him)
He plays a cleric named Xeezl and a shaman named Zzux.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

I can tell by the way that you are talking to me about red for no reason that maybe the missunderstanding about the treant camp might have been from one side and it may not be that human telling jokes about the GM

which to me I think that person is hilarious, that is the most classic funny open world thing i seen in a while and its 100% why I like playing without instances.

weirdos with a skeleton and a scythe smiling like a jehovah witness while they try to pull of some ridiculously dumb lie to take advantage of a random stranger trying to just play with toys lol

I love open world mmos so much.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it may not be that human telling jokes about the GM
That's a single screenshot of about a 20-30 minute encounter with them griefing me, but okay.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Well your thread is 15 pages..
Old 07-20-2020, 07:38 PM
Large Rat

https://old.reddit.com/r/project1999..._times_on_p99/

There ya go, ya fucking crybaby. hahahaha
Old 07-20-2020, 07:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WAHHHHH WAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHH
Closed Thread