Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Banned

Feniin is becoming a very unlikeable poster around here. Anyone new should resist any desire to imitate his schtick.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't sugar coat it.. removing combat bind wound made it impossible for me to continue my solo non-twink warrior on green. It wasn't required for every single fight but it saved my characters life several times.
Yep, it sure is a blow for soloing melees. Now they can join their rightful place in balanced groups watching enchanters solo with their charmed merchant pet!

I’ll be a lot slower at levelling warrior alts now. May even need to stop rolling halflings and half elves!
Old 11-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Im about to test if my monk can sneak train in qeynos ;/
Old 11-11-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't sugar coat it.. removing combat bind wound made it impossible for me to continue my solo non-twink warrior on green. It wasn't required for every single fight but it saved my characters life several times.
If p99 RNG behaved like live did it would be possible to solo an untwinked warrior. As it is, up around L20/L30 the occasional bullshit death (happened on live, but far more rarely) will cost far more XP than you gain from your kills.

Hybrids and Monks can solo without twinking, all the way to 60 if you want. Warriors and Rogues are screwed in this regard. (Do not talk to me about Bards. Bard are not hybrids, Bards are absurdly OP casters that occasionally masquerade as hybrids.)
Old 11-11-2020, 02:16 PM
Banned

I agree. Bring back classic. Enough said.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:38 PM
Large Rat

Bummer. Was getting tougher soloing my monk at 27. I was hoping to wait for some Kunark weapons to keep going. This probably put the nails in the coffin though.

I guess if it wasn't intended it had to go...definitely seemed broken.

With all the lizerts running around it's probably a good time to roll up something else anyway.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Banned

You can get a rogue to 50 different ways with real good prekunark gear.

Classic bind wound will be missed. R.i.p
Old 11-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

I'm missing combat bind wound on my human monky, but no worries. You just have to adjust. There are plenty of light and dark blue mobs you can fight and still be okay.

It is what it is.
Closed Thread