Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

View Poll Results: What box should I play on?
Blue 4 44.44%
Green 4 44.44%
Red 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2022, 12:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Howdy! Any other Erollisi Marr expatriates out there?

Hi there, adventurers! I've actually been playing on Project 1999 since the middle of 2017, off and on. I started EverQuest back right after Kunark came out in 2000 and played until a little after Planes of Power dropped in 2002. I dabbled on Shards of Dalaya half a decade later, but that didn't end well. On P99, I have characters on Blue and Green. My Blue druid is by far my highest ranked toon while my Green wizard & enchanter are barely leveled. I have a newbie Red ranger too, I guess.

I've decided I want to get a little more serious about P99, and so I come to you all with a question of vital importance: which server should I dedicate my time to at this point in the game's life?

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2022, 09:45 AM
Aviak

The wife and I played on erollisi marr until 2007. we werent generally famous beyond our guild but you might have seen Vina (cleric) and Vektor (enchanter) running around back then in Crimson Eternity.

edit: actually in 02, we were probably still in one of the smaller non raid guilds - Order of Flaming Shrine or Anlah'Shok. I think CE was a later move for us.

We are on Green currently, but only started in October. It has been a fun nostalgic trip.
Last edited by cdfurry; 05-27-2022 at 09:57 AM..
Old 05-27-2022, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

I played on e-marr before it went down and I tried rallos zek. I had a level 46 or so ranger on emarr.

Blue and green pretty similar, flip a coin. I'd probably do blue at this point.

Red has low pop but you can kill good mobs. Friends you meet will be more friendly, and with zero pop you won't find much enemies to speak of.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on e-marr before it went down
before it went down as in downhill? emarr is still a server you can play on live.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

EMarr is still definitely around. Better than I can say for The Nameless, my backup server from those days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdfurry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wife and I played on erollisi marr until 2007. we werent generally famous beyond our guild but you might have seen Vina (cleric) and Vektor (enchanter) running around back then in Crimson Eternity.

edit: actually in 02, we were probably still in one of the smaller non raid guilds - Order of Flaming Shrine or Anlah'Shok. I think CE was a later move for us.

We are on Green currently, but only started in October. It has been a fun nostalgic trip.
Hmm, those names don't ring a bell. I was Lulas Lonewolfe with the Avengers Federation.

Glad to hear you've been having a good time, though. It's really fun for me, but I haven't been able to commit as consistently as I would like. Hence my being here for half a decade and still not getting to 30, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo
Blue and green pretty similar, flip a coin. I'd probably do blue at this point.

Red has low pop but you can kill good mobs. Friends you meet will be more friendly, and with zero pop you won't find much enemies to speak of.
Interesting. I might stay on Blue, get my druid to 60, then focus on the casters on Green. I dunno, still considering and getting input from the veterans.

That said, yeah, I've heard Red is great for getting rare mobs at faster experience.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Play blue. No reason to play on Green now since there is no more legacy loot. Red is dead.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play blue. No reason to play on Green now since there is no more legacy loot. Red is dead.
The loss of legacy items is a good point and I'm sad that, while I started on Green when it launched, I still missed 'em. Blue definitely has the best UI and quality of life while still having an active community. Red is dead, but it might be good for PVP-free soloing on classes I've never tried before.

I cannot comment on the endgame scene on any of them, but I can comment that it is tragic all three are missing the charming "stone" interface.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

No - emarr server was just down on its own for maintenance or for a hiccup for an hour or two and I played on rallos zek and never went back. I traded like 100 plat on emarr for like 1kpp on rallos and basically never logged on emarr again sadly. Like all servers in 1999-2001 it awesome but I was never level 60 there and I doubt anyone would remember me.

You can't go wrong with blue or green at all. The servers here are awesome. Messageboards are kinda ridiculous but stay in game and you will have a positive experience except at any camp where a high value item drops, where you will probably run into a psychopath.

9/10 decent folks though.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:17 PM
Kobold

I played emarr all the way to PoP...