Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2022, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly playing diablo is better for u than shitposting on these forums don't apologize because you're getting enjoyment to pass the down time.
Hmm, that's debatable. Personally, I'd rather munch glass than play that greedy trash ball they call a game. Blizzard is pathetic, and getting worse. They are a pure trash company who's sole purpose is to milk every last cent from their customers that they can. Every. Last. One.

Garbage.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

He sums it up nicely:

Old 06-13-2022, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, that's debatable. Personally, I'd rather munch glass than play that greedy trash ball they call a game. Blizzard is pathetic, and getting worse. They are a pure trash company who's sole purpose is to milk every last cent from their customers that they can. Every. Last. One.

Garbage.
Let's be honest. I would rather make my own games and also this is capitalism.

No MMO is as good as I could make. Even everquest classic has its pitfalls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He sums it up nicely:

I'm going to watch this later thx!
Old 06-13-2022, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

I'm Parqagon level 18 and have spent $0, hope this helps
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Banned

^
Yep. The game can provide lots of entertainment for free

I watched Asmon’s vid because I like Asmon but he’s wrong on some things. First off, it’s a phone game with a PC port, not the other way around. So to compare it to D3, a PC and console game, is a little ridiculous. It’s also free

Secondly, I played a LOT of D3, I think I got my sorc up to like greater rift levels in the 90’s. She had a primal staff and a couple pieces of primal armor, which are incredibly rare versions of gear with perfect maxed stats. The thing that completely ruined D3 for me was the hacking. If you weren’t playing a season, which is a reset of everyone’s char, and were instead playing the non-season mode, probably 90% of people were hacking in that. They had gear with +1,000,000,000xdamage and would go into your rift and one-shot everything

Seasons are what fixed the game, and it DOES have a much better reputation now than at launch, and a fairly healthy playerbase still. I personally didn’t want to play seasons because in order to compete in those you had to grind all day, and I didn’t have the time for that. I also got my primal gear before the hacks came out, and I didn’t like the idea of having to reroll a char from scratch after getting so lucky with primal gear on my main

So in summary, you can’t compare a phone game to a pc game, and the fact asmon refuses to play games on his phone is his problem. The game can be very fun to play for free as long as you aren’t planning on bashing your head into the wall of end game leaderboards. These you still can do for free, there’s some monk twitch streamer and a DH twitch streamer who are high ranked and F2P but they play 20 hours a day. F that
Old 06-13-2022, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

People bitching about P2W in Diablo is like people bitching about the raid scene here - it affects a minority of players and there is plenty to do if you are fine with HoT armor instead Vulak armor
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-14-2022, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

Serious question: who would play this trash over lost ark?
Old 06-14-2022, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People still play Lost Ark?

Rocket League is still dope
Old 06-14-2022, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

The new season for PD2 starts on the 24th, that's the play. Scuffed D3 with P2W? Nah.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve heard this game is good, never tried or seen it though. If I burn out on DI, I might try it

I tried pvp for the first time because the game gives you a quest for battlepass progression to do one match. It was kind of a bitch on phone because the game won’t auto-aim your skillshots vs players like it does vs NPC enemies. I wasn’t expecting to have fun on necro because I heard they suck in pvp, but it still was quite a bit of fun. I think I did frustrate the enemy with my bonewalls, was using some clutch bone armor buffs for my team, and even got a few killing blows

I have no idea how the scaling or matchmaking works, I was level 50 (I take my time leveling, what can I say). What they could do to make pvp not be a whale’s wet dream is either match people by gearscore or else normalize everyone’s stats upon entering. If I find out once I hit the paragons that pvp is ruined by whales I’ll probably stop pvp’ing completely. It doesn’t seem to be very rewarding in terms of in-game progression anyway