Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Default Dial - a - Port Clean Up effort

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Okay lets break this down.
*Tip is required
*Long trip how much you paying
*I'm busy how much you paying
*That tip sucked
*Thanks for ripping me off
*Where is my tip
*That cost extra
*Can't ignore you when their tag is up.

All things by guild rules that are not aloud to be said. Never being able to have a set price its all about how much you want to tip. Any member of dial being doing any of them things can be report to an officer and kicked from guild.

Also here is their guild website. I'm sure its hard to keep up with who is a douche bag in this guild for the leadership due to the many people invited daily. I promise you that they are breaking rules when they do this.
-Disclaimer-
*Not a member of DaP anymore only when i was a baby druid.
*GUILD MASTER don't put up with peoples stupid b/s
*Not at all endorsed by anyone form DaP just a public service message.
*Always have proof like a screen shot or something to that nature.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

I have never had an issue giving plat to dial a port member and them porting me.

Its the most simple system you would ever encounter.

If you can't feasibly afford a port, you aren't entitled to a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

disband Dial a Port
Send tells to any of the other druids or wizards online
???
profit

---
DaP was a good idea with bad execution.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Banned

DAP is terrible. Not every member is shit, but enough of them to warrant hate.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

I dont see what people are posting about dial a port for. What did they do now? Everyone talks shit who cares. I've never had a problem with them. People really need to level up their 'Not give a shit' level.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Orc

I think it has to do with how DaP used to be better, and members followed the rules - didn't ask for tips or act like bitches if they didn't 'get enough' and only had their tag up if they were free to port instantly, not with a wait list 5 people deep and then making you wait on mana when they finally get to you.

In theory DaP is great, but in practice shit members are giving it a shit name.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Sig
Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclements87 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Okay lets break this down.
*Tip is required
*Long trip how much you paying
*I'm busy how much you paying
*That tip sucked
*Thanks for ripping me off
*Where is my tip
*That cost extra
*Can't ignore you when their tag is up.

All things by guild rules that are not aloud to be said. Never being able to have a set price its all about how much you want to tip. Any member of dial being doing any of them things can be report to an officer and kicked from guild.

Also here is their guild website. I'm sure its hard to keep up with who is a douche bag in this guild for the leadership due to the many people invited daily. I promise you that they are breaking rules when they do this.
-Disclaimer-
*Not a member of DaP anymore only when i was a baby druid.
*GUILD MASTER don't put up with peoples stupid b/s
*Not at all endorsed by anyone form DaP just a public service message.
*Always have proof like a screen shot or something to that nature.
Bad porters is serious business. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I hate McDonalds because they serve extra greasy food that I despise, I stay away from McDonalds. I don't waste my time writing my feels out proclaiming how much I hate McDonalds and why McDonalds is so awful and what everyone needs to do when they have a bad experience at McDonalds. Stop going to McDonalds if it's so bad.

Honestly anyone that gets a SS of a bad interaction with a porter because the porter said "your tip was shit" should grow some thicker skin.

Btw, only time I have ever seen a porter ask about their tip is when /split was used. Sometimes this goes unnoticed and the porter may have missed it. Really this isn't
a big deal.

The porters that are jerks are not jerks because they are in DaP, if they were unguided they would be just the same and behave no differently.

I do agree that DaP openly recruits too easily though. I think they should have a little more discretion when it comes to who they invite.

I also don't understand why they allow non-porting classes or low level wizards/Druids in the guild when it is supposed to be a porting guild. The problem is some of these non-porting classes will actually have their tags up sometimes and this can add some confusion to people in a hurry who simply want to find a name and send a tell for a fast port.

I also have seen where some of the newer porters have inappropriate advertisements up, and I have even sent tells to them telling them they need to have their guild advertised in their message, as per their own guilds rules. Obviously whoever zerg invited them did not explain the very basic guild rules to them.

Anyway, it's not a perfect guild, but I personally have never had a bad experience with any of their porters, and I have gotten dozens of free ports via CRs or moving a brand new toon to a new area in Norrath.

Many of them do it quite happily, for instance Asmodean has helped me twice on brand new toons for free, porting them from Gfay to WC. The guy was polite and showed no indication of annoyance I had nothing to give him for his help.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

New back in Norrath am I and /who all dial is my friend. Never had a problem; grateful to be able to tap into DaP instead of bugging random dru and wiz throughout the land. Thanks for guild; random crankiness (have Not encountered any) would be no surprise and who cares.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:00 AM
Skeleton

I have used DaP many many times and have never had any problem with them.
Closed Thread