Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-27-2020, 02:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default 1 grouping Klandicar

I am from blue and I have overheard red99 is currently charming Captain Kromzek and 1 grouping a First Brood Dragon. Apparently they are Dictating Captain Kromzek giving him torches and buffs then sending him in on Klandicar and dictating him again when he needs heals end of fight. Captain doesn't get feared or anything so very easy fight. Is this something that is legal to do on blue as well? I would think that p99 would not want to see a first brood dying to a group or less. I know you can not charm Captain Kromzek on live currently.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:11 AM
Aviak

Blue has a player agreement for scout https://wiki.project1999.com/Scout_C...ayer_Agreement according to them it is illegal. So if you ever find him up alone and uncontested, it is legal. Even if you win the roll it shouldn't be safe since the turn in is mentioned at the agreement. So if you change the player agreement then it should be legal.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Finding captain and klandicar up and not ar scout roll, is, let's say, improbable...
Old 09-30-2020, 04:58 AM
Kobold

Back when Velious first came out Klandicar dropped CoF, i remember being 14 in 2000 when velious came out and i found out mobs would assist me in Western Wastes if i was on their shared faction. Sont would attack ice burrowers attacking me, and as long as i dealt 1 dmg i could loot. So i found out sont would kill Klandicar, so fires of heaven was prepping to kill Klandicar and i trained him into Sont, landed a stinging swarm (druid) and looted a CoF and Old Brood Talisman which is still on that char now. It was hot fixed a week later to where other factions wouldnt assist. Its something ill never forget, that shit kept me out of Fires of Heaven, lol rip
Old 09-30-2020, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raije1000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when Velious first came out Klandicar dropped CoF, i remember being 14 in 2000 when velious came out and i found out mobs would assist me in Western Wastes if i was on their shared faction. Sont would attack ice burrowers attacking me, and as long as i dealt 1 dmg i could loot. So i found out sont would kill Klandicar, so fires of heaven was prepping to kill Klandicar and i trained him into Sont, landed a stinging swarm (druid) and looted a CoF and Old Brood Talisman which is still on that char now. It was hot fixed a week later to where other factions wouldnt assist. Its something ill never forget, that shit kept me out of Fires of Heaven, lol rip
Worth it for the lols imo
Old 10-07-2020, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

I think its more they rooted the dragons to try to make it classic due to players not pulling mobs to the entrance. Why would it be classic to 1 group klandicar with a dictated mob?
Old 10-07-2020, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnybone1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am from blue and I have overheard red99 is currently charming Captain Kromzek and 1 grouping a First Brood Dragon. Apparently they are Dictating Captain Kromzek giving him torches and buffs then sending him in on Klandicar and dictating him again when he needs heals end of fight. Captain doesn't get feared or anything so very easy fight. Is this something that is legal to do on blue as well? I would think that p99 would not want to see a first brood dying to a group or less. I know you can not charm Captain Kromzek on live currently.
Not really an exploit - let em have it. Not like it's going to help the server.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Yes, this is legal. Its only viable on Red or maybe a quake because that's the only time you're going to find scout up.

It is legal because the giants will fight the dragon on their own, there's no exploit involved in making them fight. I had an ongoing project a few years back to try and kill Sontalak this way using the group of scout giants, as those are available on every scout spawn and pull ~1200 dps as a group once buffed. Galach showed up to watch on one of the attempts, and I talked to Llandris at the time with an outline of the plan to make sure we weren't violating any precedents.

Its surprisingly difficult to get 8 giants buffed, equipped and dropped on target inside the 15 minute despawn time without getting any into summoning range or any enchanters dying. The plan kind of fell apart once it became clear that any AOE damage would cause the giants to chain summon Sontalak off the tank when they're done being feared, making it impossible to sustain tanking for them.

I'm surprised the captain is fear immune actually, all the research I've been able to do implied the level limit was baked into the fear spells directly (unlike 55+ stun immunity, which is hardcoded into the engine) and that dragon fear doesn't have a limit. I haven't been able to test with him for obvious reasons though since I'm on blue.
Last edited by 7thGate; 10-07-2020 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Wrong GM, was Galach not Menden.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

Bump Captain is full immune to spells can not even dispell him but you can dictate him.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylarik24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump Captain is full immune to spells can not even dispell him but you can dictate him.
Please be more careful that the information you contribute to the bug forum is correct. As pointed out in the sticky, staff wastes a lot of time on poorly researched and incorrect information.

Captain isn't immune to anything. He's highly resistant to cold and magic.

[Fri Feb 28 21:28:35 2020] A Kromzek Captain is consumed by the flames of the sun. (fire)
[Sun Sep 13 14:35:10 2020] A Kromzek Captain has been poisoned. (poison)
[Wed Sep 30 16:20:30 2020] A Kromzek Captain's skin freezes. (cold)
[Sun Sep 13 14:34:41 2020] A Kromzek Captain's skin erupts in purulent pock marks. (disease)
[Tue Mar 10 02:24:27 2020] A Kromzek Captain feels dispelled. (unresistable)
And dictate lands as already mentioned. (magic)

As far as I can find, this is consistent with live since there are Luclin era posts that reference difficulty but success slowing him with tash (possible they meant disease slowed but they did mention tash, might be worth testing dictate or theft of thought on a live server), e.g.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...02630463086872

Interestingly, using the giants from the quest to kill WW dragons was done in-era. They had to add a respawn timer to the quest (or fix some other issue?) because people were spawning multiple waves to throw at Sontalak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawegda Sat, Apr 28th 7:24 AM 2001
People were spawning more and more Giants and training them on Sontalak....
https://web.archive.org/web/20021107...=1255&start=75

Seems like confirmed classic to me.