Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Default Gaudralek, Sword of the Sky - Can be used as DPS weapon or no?

a bit curious about this weapon. it has a solid ratio, and afaik, is one of the few 2H weapons that can do close to the same DPS as top end dual wield 1H in the game. my question is whether or not the strike of the choosen and high DPS is too much to use as a warrior DPS weapon. is the potential to draw agro of the main tank too high or ?
Old 04-14-2022, 10:28 AM
Kobold

I use Gaudralek as my go to 2h for DPS on raids. Proc doesn't seem to generate an outrageous amount of agro.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

how is the dps compare to top 1h setups for a warrior (say silver whip/blue-epic or primal/blue-epic)? by the numbers it should be better, but hit rates, raid mob ac, and other things make that hard to calculate exactly.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

The proc on Gaudralek is a straight dd proc so it only does its dmg value as agro. It's not that bad at all.

It's my favourite sword on my warrior. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2022, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

imagine having access to vyemm loot and not knowing if you want it or not

lol
Old 04-14-2022, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

i mean, we dont get vyemm alot, but if we do i am considering it for my primary DPS weapon. but if it still gonna be lesser than a high end 1h with my blue epic, maybe i just as soon not spend any dkp on it. i really was mainly concerned with the "too much but not enough" agro problem, since i know it would be insufficient agro for actual tanking, but i dont want to spend dkp on it and still end up not using it cause it occasionally draws agro due to the proc. maybe put another way.... i dont want a warriors equivalent to a raid monks t-staff
Last edited by bobjonesp99; 04-14-2022 at 12:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

I've tanked ntov flurry drakes with Gaudralek. Agro control is the raid's job, not the tank's.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

if you are prioritizing DPS over agro as a tank, youre doing it wrong.

im talking about specifically using it for DPS when not tanking, and if it creates a problem for tanks who havent yet established good agro. while tanks should be ensuring they do everything they can to maintain agro, and DPS should do everything they can to prevent ripping agro, every now and again the tanks just get unlucky with no procs and DPS using an agro weapon can have a streak of procs. i want to avoid getting a weapon that has potential to cause problems. i have no intention of using it as an actual tank weapon, i will just use my normal setup (willsapper + red-blade / red-blade+veldrak short blade)
Old 04-14-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

if you rip aggro as a war using a vyemm 2 hander your raid has bigger problems
Old 04-14-2022, 03:51 PM
Kobold

No where near the threat of the T staff proc. You'll be fine. Its a great weapon, and its nice that the proc is un-resistable.

My dual wield DPS on my war is usually Blue blade offhand, and Kreiz Flame/Tunare Whip mainhand.

For higher AC mobs I tend to use the dual wield combo. The procs on both of those main hand weapons is also pretty low agro compared to what the main tank is putting out.