Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please send this to rnf already.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Banned

So it can be deleted in rnf like the others lul
Old 02-12-2020, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

Managed to put 60p in the bank in Neriak,
Raging on the forums that he can't get money out of the bank in Neriak?

Smelling troll guys! Pretty well fed too...
Old 02-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see OP's logs and screenshots of all these horrible people telling a newbie to fuck off.
Won't happen because it doesn't happen out of the blue. Not to say never, but this community is pretty damn generous to newcomers and lowbies in general.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

wth. Stop, people. Stop.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

You are the only one angry and out of sorts but the community here has the problems? Yeah ok chief.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

well to be fair sig is new. like REALLY new. not just a returning player from years ago. it's a very different thing and I thnk every1 gets used to returning players but completely misses the boat on someone freshly minted. understanding this, you might have some compassion for sig. sig has no idea where to go or what do. probably isn't prepared for the long haul, or getting lost in a zone somewhere, dying and not knowing how to find the corpse. this is not a small ordeal for someone playing in 2020 with so many other MMORPGs out there.

i've played on p1999 before, quite a bit. i've played eq for a long time. everyone i've met has been friendly. i even rolled a dark elf sk alt--because i never played a dark elf before. the main difference i think is i had preknowledge about everything and the journey is a lot smoother that way. and being i actually like how eq plays, like corpse runs for example, almost nothing is a rude reminder of its "outdated gameplay," as htey might say.

sorry sig for your experience. people around here tend to have a blind spot for people like yourself. a lot of that's due to it being so uncommmon for people like yours trully to visit. EQ at this day and age is almost entirely composed of returning players. the live servers aren't any different.

this reminds me. on live the UI is so incredibly bloated i myself became like a new player when i tried it again. I cannot fathom what it must be like for someone new to everquest. i dreaded creating an alt--since hten i have leanred there's a way to copy the UI in options. the UI fills up half the screen even on 1900x1200 (whatever it's). i realize when eq released in 1999 it also had a large UI, however this is different. back then a large portion of the screen was just images. they had no function. these days, the scren is filled with functiaonal things liike buttons and chat and similar. it's crazy!!!!!!! starting out in teh tutorial almost broke my brain when i fist came back. what's unthinkable is a player new to everquest starts out with a heroic character. OMG. baby jesus died. information overload.

a good way for new player is just watch someone else play it. it's painful, but you'll see exactly how things are done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQmcHgxO2I

but really the only way to lenar is to play. you have to enjoy the core game mechanics, IMHO, at least somewhat. things like no maps, no glowing paths, no icons above NPCs, coin/item weight and encumberance, corpse runs, lots of traveling, diseases, trains, grouping-oriented, high death penalty, kill monsters much more than doing quests, not led around by a quest chain, chat with NPCs to get quests instead of a UI, and just unforgiving. otherwise it'll just be a burden. nostalgia alone has never been enough for me.

i enjoy the mechanics. it's the same reason i enjoyed wurm online, except wuyrm online is (or was anyway) a hybrid of old UO and eq.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 03-02-2020 at 02:41 AM..
Old 03-02-2020, 02:53 AM
Kobold

I just started on green about a week ago. Finding the community very helpful. I ask for buffs and people always oblige, and kindly too. I even get buffed when I don't ask. I have grouped with many people in my first week and haven't had any problems. Not sure what you mean by a toxic community, I know the raiding scene is probably a bit elitist at the moment but that's no different anywhere else or any other game. You have the hard core players and those who aren't so hardcore.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

People are great on P99 until you get to the very top. I mean there's only 1 mob that is dropping whatever item you want and 90% of the time some mouth breathing enchanter is already there. Level to max level or near max level and roll a twink and you will enjoy P99 1000% more. Let Kyle the basement dweller have his FBSS camp
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-02-2020, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigustron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I didnt break any rules. And there have been a few people helping me. One guy even gave me 60pp but I can't touch it anymore because I hate the dark elf starting area and I can't touch it now. And I'll admit I was a bit frustrated when I wrote that post and I am sorry for that.

I love this game. I love not having to follow gold exclamation marks around and killing or gathering x thing to give to random bob. I love how there isn't an implied rush to end game.

I am just so frustrated that I have a small fortune and I can't touch it because the dark elf starting area is the video game version of hell. Hardly any mobs, big ass golems just wanting to crush you into the ground for being in their sight. I have begged people to help me get it but, all I get is "Roll a dark elf" and its like "I fucking hate that race."

I tried rolling a gnome Necro but, that turned disastrous when I got too close to a guy that didnt like necros and got killed with all my money and loot too close to him. I begged for help and I was just ignored. One guy, another newb, even sacrificed himself to help me try to get it when no one else would.

I am sorry. I love this game but, there are times like these that make me want to just fully uninstall the game.
After reading this second post by the original poster, I smiled a little inside... And I totally feel empathy for him lmao! He doesn't sound like a bad dude or anything, he just sounds like the 13-14 year old me in 2000 on my first day of everquest and how fustrating it was cause it was SO hard. Okay now compare him playing in 2020 after he's been playing all these easy video games and then runs into EQ (LOL!) Here's some advice tho ..stick with it! It'll become funner and easier I promise, that hardness your feeling is part of the everquest experience.. trust me. I remember those days well haha
Last edited by Christina.; 03-02-2020 at 04:46 AM..
Closed Thread