Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 04:34 PM
Banned

Why is castle trying to convince us how good a manastone is we already know and we all want one.

Now being insane enough to camp it or being able to afford it is a different story.

If i had my way it would be no drop and 10x more rare but hey thats just me
Old 02-20-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol the extent this guy is going to to try and artificially inflate the current price of Manastones is absurd. He's written like a treatise on this shit all to try and get someone to give him 50k extra imaginary currency on an emulated server of a close to 21 year old game. Imagine all the more productive things he could've done in that time lol
(1) Multi-tasking
(2) How long does it take to camp 50K?
(3) "U act like u know me, bro" -- creepy, you know all I get done in the day...
Old 02-20-2020, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Post classic, manastone is really only truely useful to wiz with port + epic combo for soloing, and maybe druid, that s about it, and for alts.
Last edited by boukk; 02-20-2020 at 05:38 PM..
Old 02-20-2020, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Post classic, manastone is really only truely useful to wiz with port + epic combo for soloing, and maybe druid, that s about it, and for alts.
Very useful for all you listed. But there is more... A few days after Sol Ro drops and I release a video.. you will see the true power of The Manastone!
Old 02-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very useful for all you listed. But there is more... A few days after Sol Ro drops and I release a video.. you will see the true power of The Manastone!

Still looking for a job?
Old 02-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a very valuable item, of this there is no doubt. *snip lots of words*
It seems like it is, but it shouldn't be. It's fairly useless. There's a couple kind of emergency scenarios in which it could be helpful, but as far as increasing your average kill rate over a long term it's almost a negative...if you count the amount of times you either outright killed yourself by overclicking or by going so low you suddenly pull aggro or just too low to survive the dot on your ass.
It's not free mana, you have to pay for it with HP, and it's an expensive ratio. Try healing yourself while using the stone, you will run out of mana AND hp quickly. This thing is for nerdquest only.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not useful. Post us a meaningful scenario where you can increase your average long-term kill rate with a stone, and provide actual numbers. Having a buddy along who will devote themselves to healing you doesn't count. Or, actually it does...the same thing will happen, you'll run out of HP and mana and your buddy will run out of mana too it will just take slightly longer. It is a dumb item, even when and where you can use it.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

To this:
Quote:
Why is castle trying to convince us how good a manastone is we already know and we all want one.
I show this:
Quote:
It seems like it is, but it shouldn't be. It's fairly useless. There's a couple kind of emergency scenarios in which it could be helpful, but as far as increasing your average kill rate over a long term it's almost a negative...if you count the amount of times you either outright killed yourself by overclicking or by going so low you suddenly pull aggro or just too low to survive the dot on your ass.
It's not free mana, you have to pay for it with HP, and it's an expensive ratio. Try healing yourself while using the stone, you will run out of mana AND hp quickly. This thing is for nerdquest only.
Obviously, not everyone 'gets it'.

Quote:
It's not useful. Post us a meaningful scenario where you can increase your average long-term kill rate with a stone, and provide actual numbers. Having a buddy along who will devote themselves to healing you doesn't count. Or, actually it does...the same thing will happen, you'll run out of HP and mana and your buddy will run out of mana too it will just take slightly longer. It is a dumb item, even when and where you can use it.
You don't seem to understand how manastone works. I'll give you 2 common scenarios.

(1) Druid with Chloroplast - 200 mana 10hp/tic for 15 minutes. That's 150 ticks, so 1500 hp. This means you can click your manastone 25 times over the course of 15 minutes, and by the end of the 15 minutes be at the same HP you started with, but with an additional 300 mana (500 from manastone minus 200 from Chloroplast.)

(2) Cleric with Complete Heal. Manastone down to 1%, then CH back to full. If your cleric has over 1,200 hp... you're gaining mana. With ~2400 HP, you net a gain of 400 mana every time you do it. With ~3,600 HP you gain 800 mana, and so on. How does 800 mana sound when you just have to click your Manastone ~60 times then cast CH which takes 10 seconds? That's the equivalent of medding for 5 minutes at 50.

This isn't theoretical, this is how druids and clerics actually use manastone.

There are other scenarios, but these are the most common.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a stupid ass post. Where do you get this idiotic 5.5 year figure? it will be less than 1.5 years before green merges with blue or becomes its own server. Garbage in garbage out. People were selling manastones for 10k or less on blue go take a peak on the wiki for how much they pay now, mister "prices will drop-- cause reasons"
I have 13 manastones on red, I bummed them from friends that quit and bought a few.

Looking forward to merge.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Bad assumption. Yes, an extra heal or nuke is great and a big reason -- and yes doing content with less gear, less people can make some things in classic challenging.

The big reason is less downtime. Downtime isn't challenging, it's just a drain on my play time. Invest X time now to get 2X or 3X time later.

Cd288, don't worry. I will sell The Manastone for a minimum of 200K when the time is right.
This is why they merged teal? So azzhats like this can ruin the game for casual players? Casual players do not want the hardcore 'Zerg' community or their ignorant over price merch. But the Zergers want the casual player. The only peps with 200k wont have any need for a manastone. Also, you can't bind in Sebilis= so manastone is worthless. We'll see how prices go when the mass exodus for everyone waiting on Kunark comes in 2-3 months. 99% of everyone will have 50th level char an alts because of the ZEM's, an farmed all their needed loot waiting for Kunark upgrades, everyone is gonna quit soon, rather than buy over price yak's and mith 2H an mana stones.
FYI - Sebilis, manarobe>manastone. Fungi Tunic>Rubi Breast
If I had 200k right now, I'd be waiting on manarobe, fungi tunic.
Closed Thread