Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 08:53 PM
Large Rat

Default Green Warrior Newbie Hunting Question (lvl 40)

Hello,

I recently hit 40 on my warrior barbarian and I am finding that locating groups has become more difficult. This is my only character. Wondering if there is anything a 40 warrior can do to pass the time while /lfg on? Is there is anything I can farm or collect or solo for xp so I'm not either waiting for a message to join a group or waiting on the list for a group? Do i need to go do the Rubi BP /list to be able to solo with regen?

Im still wearing bronze, have exe axe and dual shards. About 1.2k in the bank. Love the game, just in a bit of a slump when I cant find a group.

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Tesch_Mas_Gnoll

Could kill these in SK there’s 5 of them and turn in the scrolls for xp.

If you don’t want to make an alt I’d /who all Soldungb,Highkeep,Soldunga,Mistmoore,Cazic,Guk,ked ge and actively send tells for a group

Are you in a guild?
Old 02-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Tesch_Mas_Gnoll

Could kill these in SK there’s 5 of them and turn in the scrolls for xp.

If you don’t want to make an alt I’d /who all Soldungb,Highkeep,Soldunga,Mistmoore,Cazic,Guk,ked ge and actively send tells for a group

Are you in a guild?
I'll check out those scrolls, thanks.

And also I didn't know about the search a zone command line, thats also really helpful.

I currently am not in a guild, the one I was in fell apart.

Thank you
Old 02-27-2020, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Good tips so far. Gnoll scrolls provide great exp well past 30, and actually reasonable exp beyond 50. Do shop around for guilds. Ask members about their experiences in their guild and ask non-members about the reputation of the guild; and consider <Castle>.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

I’d second the recommendation to join a guild. Castle has a really strong population in the 20-40+ range but I’m sure there are other good ones as well.

Also I find my best bet is to from groups. You’ll often find people sitting lfg and camps that are open, just need the enterprising young warrior to get the ball rolling. When you form groups you get to be a force for good on the server and not just a participant.

The methods I use are pretty simple, do camp checks (asking politely always helps) then reach out to those who respond to see if you can get on the list, or if camps are open start asking LFGs or just those in the class/lvl combo you might be interested in.

Communication is key in this game talking to people can really open doors. You can always ask a solo if they want to duo or triple and it is a great way to get something going or if they’re not interested get a tell when they’re moving on so you can claim a desirable camp.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Being in a guild helps for sure. People always seem to need a tank. Other than that I would suggest leveling a second toon along side the warrior. That way you can leave him in a grind zone and check every so often. Maybe something that doesn't rely on a pet for soloing so you aren't constantly re-summoning. Like a druid.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:37 PM
Skeleton

Everyone I've ever run across from <Castle> as been super kind.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

If you haven't maxed your bind wound and need time to kill while LFG, go to lavastorm. The gypsies sell bandaids and you can stand in lava and bandage and repeat until max skill.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:30 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for all the tips. I have joined a guild and it has helped quite a bit. Ive formed a few groups as suggested and this also helped getting things going.

I have made it to 45 and working through hell! I also like the tip about getting my BW up is genius. It is currently max lvl but once I hit 50 this will be my go to method for maxing it out.

Thank you all for the advice, it has been very helpful.
Closed Thread