Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmisch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endless hours of porting May-June this year to be able to afford my first and only Epic MQ. 30k for a lvl 34 Main (porter) is a hell lot of money..
I understand the reason .. but for me personally it really sucks, because it was a totally waste of time.

Sad day for me.. I guess im out, GL all.

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon
2 months to make 30k

yiKes
Old 09-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

quality comment [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the developers take into account how many players have invested countless hours of farming into the current iteration of epics, and how wildly popular some epic twinks are on Blue 1999 especially?

Item requirements are not classic, and this will have an extremely negative impact on the gameplay of people who spent and invested their time into the existing system for the past several years/months and were enjoying the classic fruit of their labor. Many of which are not 46+ yet and are still leveling.

On these grounds, I'd urge scrapping the item requirement change and favor a 46+ turn-in requirement change. Grandfathering in those who have already invested hard playing time into the current system to earn their epic. This is the most fair way to go about it, is it not nilbog?

I can't help but feel this is more than gung-ho with very little regard for how many people have been investing time farming, trading, and buying and selling in order to afford their epic for their twink.

Anyone care to comment on the time people have invested for many months/years under the current system to earn their epic? Hundreds of hours depending on the epic in question.

I see a lot of cheering and jeering, but no one addressing the real issues with a sudden abrupt non-classic change like this.

The player at the beginning of the thread mentioned quitting, hes one of many people who invested the time to earn his epic. There are more people who played Project 1999 the way it was meant to be played, than those casual players who are the vocal majority posting in this thread cheering the changes.

I feel the cheers are off-topic and even a little immature, as this is a discussion forum?
Old 09-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Population will be hovering around 1k when this change goes through, I'd once again rethink about how to handle this situation properly without screwing over a lot of people.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmisch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endless hours of porting May-June this year to be able to afford my first and only Epic MQ. 30k for a lvl 34 Main (porter) is a hell lot of money..
I understand the reason .. but for me personally it really sucks, because it was a totally waste of time.

Sad day for me.. I guess im out, GL all.

Nimly/Rinluan/Bafoon
As a mature community member, I understand.

I feel many people are being pushed out by this non-classic change. Working hard and farming hundreds of hours to build and to twink your character is classic EQ gameplay. Most of us who play EQ play it to build our characters as best we can. This change goes against everything that classic EQ stands for.

I see a vocal extreme minority represented here in the forum, where the numerous silent majority of people playing EQ the way it was meant to be played and working hard in-game could potentially quit overnight as they lose hundreds of hours of work.

Staff decided to not even engage the community regarding this change, and is forcing it through ala "Announcements". Great.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population will be hovering around 1k when this change goes through, I'd once again rethink about how to handle this situation properly without screwing over a lot of people.
You are really dumb
Old 09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are really dumb
You're still here? I thought you crawled back to your cave after your last retarded comments.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing we can do is pressure staff to address the critical core issues surrounding this change and the inevitable fallout that the change could cause if it goes in "As Announced" condition without any further discussion.

I see mostly toxic forum trolls are dictating the discussion here and that is why I came to post, in an attempt to have a debate and discussion on the potential impact of this change.

I may create a separate thread with the concerns outlined in more detail. But this forum disgusts me, yet again, as all I see are trolls and anti-social casual players dictating feedback and jeering at the staff.

Yet again. Hopefully we can have some type of discussion about this change with staff involved, but I am not holding my breath. Trolls posting pictures, jerking off in a sock, and waving middle fingers, as usual. Rants and Flames type of posting.

Is there really no moderation at all on the Project 1999 forums? These are the types of posts I would expect in Rants and Flames for gods sake.

Disgusted.
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 09-01-2015 at 04:39 PM..
Old 09-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember there being a level requirement to talk to Telin Darkforest which pushed me to level my druid more. Even though I just wanted to talk to him it pushed me to level. Thats classic to me.
IIRC, Telin would not respond to Hails or keywords until you were a certain level - but I think it was eventually discovered that he would accept the item(s) anyway, and give you the right stuff back.

Anecdotal, of course .... but server staff walks a fine line between classic accuracy and "spirit" of classic EQ.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Banned

There is no reason to get so worked up over it. The staff explained their reasoning and even mentioned they have been waiting for an alternate option for over two years.

Persoanlly I'd like to see the final turn in on all epic quest get a lvl check for at least lvl 46 as an alternative. But I'm not going to threaten to quit over it. I'll just get PL's to 46. And while I know a lot of people can't do that, there is still leveling the normal way. It goes pretty quick with a good duo/trio.

When I get home later I'll look up all the epic quest and make suggestions on which hand in should have a lvl check. See how that is felt by the staff.

Also, [joke] When can we get berzerkers? I like playing dps but I also like being an ogre. No option for that combo until that class is added.[/joke]
Closed Thread