Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 05:44 AM
Kobold

Default z-axis in unrest is completely broken

fireplace can't pull from bar or hand without it dropping into MR or worse pathing unknown and pulling hand from bar somehow

I've observed this pulling for 6 hours. there's no way to stop it even with snap aggro
Old 02-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

I've seen this in 3 different Emu code bases now. It is a nightmare for sure, but it apparently is "hard to fix".
Old 02-13-2020, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

try staying in melee range through your trouble spot, I find this helps a lot in most situations
Old 02-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try staying in melee range through your trouble spot, I find this helps a lot in most situations
"Babying" the mob, as they say.

Another tactic that might help sometimes is pulling a mob to camp by charming it, then breaking charm once it's in camp.

Until it's fixed, good luck, folks.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, back away slowly. Won't work every time, but better than every hand dropping through.

In a couple groups we would just go up to fight the hand then come back down to FP.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Kobold

So about a month ago, I spent a few hours in Unrest FP group. I was in charge of pulling from Bar that was already split and everything I pulled came in 1's or 2's and came down the stairs normally. We had a high level chanter helping us pull the hand and it never once aggro MR, but I am not sure if that was more related to how he was pulling it.

I will say, I spent a ton of time in Unrest on Blue and even on Red, leveling multiple toons there (FP, MR, Basement) and the Z-axis problems seem alot worse here on Green than it did on those servers.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:22 PM
Banned

its pathing not z axis, this type of crap is hard to code and these devs make almost nothing

feel free to start contributing im sure they would love the help. Also this isnt a real server
Old 02-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its pathing not z axis, this type of crap is hard to code and these devs make almost nothing

feel free to start contributing im sure they would love the help. Also this isnt a real server
Isn’t a real server compared to what? EQ Live?
Old 02-15-2020, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also this isnt a real server
Factually incorrect.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Factually incorrect.
I think Bigsham is about 0/50 on his assessments of P99.
Closed Thread