Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Is the efreeti area in sol b accurate to classic EQ?

There appears to be more spawns in the efreeti cave, specifically right near where efreeti pops, an extra static spawn that I don'r remember being here. There is only supposed to be one static spawn in the cave it's the efreeti/ph. Everything else wanders. But more importantly I seem to recall the imps/guardians are not supposed to see through invis but currently do. Also seem to recall the imps seeing through sneak.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

bug report it w evidence
Old 02-14-2020, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Well, i wasn't making a statement of fact and only have my memory to go on. Did sony ever change the efreetti or sol b spawns? That could explain both the memory and the implementation currently on p99. I know 100% i remember being able to invis past the stuff there and 100% there being a single static spawn.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure this is a classic page for the area - do these mobs line up with what you see / remember?

http://www.angelfire.com/or2/relentless/efreeti.html

-Mcoy
Old 02-14-2020, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this is a classic page for the area - do these mobs line up with what you see / remember?

http://www.angelfire.com/or2/relentless/efreeti.html

-Mcoy
Hmm. unfortunately they make no mention of invis and are pretty vague on what they are considering the efreeti room and the spawns in/near it.

I remember 3 spawns (2 pathers) in the cave. 1 of these pathers always stays over by the efreeti spawn.

I do find it interesting though that at least one of the imps are on a shorter respawn time than the typical 22 solb time on p99, and yet that is not mentioned in that guide at all despite making specific mentions of waiting some time to split spawns. That would be a major consideration of how to split spawns if mobs an area have different respawn times

Also interesting note that the map seems to show ALL the static spawns in that area clearly marked as such. And you can clearly see the efreeti spot has no other static spawn and is the center of the room. While the efreeti is positioned more toward the center of the C-shaped wall, while on p99 it's not positioned there and has that additional static spawn imp next to it..
Last edited by axisofebola; 02-14-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Old 02-14-2020, 06:44 PM
Banned

Not certain but what you're describing sounds like how it was when I played on the TLP in 2011.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:20 PM
Banned

they definitley saw invis on classic only difference on p99 even if you break the spawn with X Minutes apart from efreeti and his two friends next to him they almost always spawn together. Not classic.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

I think there was only 2 in the room, the third was the roamer?

I don't know, I used to solo it on my necro on live and as I remember it, I only had to deal with 3 mobs total.

Either that or the roamer from the hall didn't go all the way back into the efreeti room.

I don't think invis worked as I would always DA up and FD and /q out in the hall.

Also efreeti was the easiest of the mobs on live, not very resistant as opposed to p99 where even at 60 you can hardly land shit on him. My pet would interrupt the long casts most of the time and by the time I had my dots all stacked it was GG (don't even think you can land dots on him on p99 without debuffs?).
Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, i wasn't making a statement of fact and only have my memory to go on.
One thing we all learn around these parts is our memory is all mixed up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did you know the efreeti was originally Sinbad? Another thing we cant prove but I just am sure it was. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Banned

SolB Efreeti has been this way on p99 servers quite a while. Here is a bug post I made in 2014. P1999 does have it right from my memory of classic.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=145241

Basically five total mobs to worry about every 22 min if you are camping in his room:

1. There is an outer roamer (22 min) who spawns at his cave entrance and roams to one of sides of his room.
2. There is a inner roamer (22 min) spawns in middle of efreeti room. Roams out of cave.
3. / 4. There are two imp guards (20min) spawn either side of him.
5. Efreeti (22 min) himself - ph could be imp or lava guardien.

If you know what you are doing you can position on one side of the room and deal with 4 mobs by avoiding Outer roamer pathing. Dealing with all 5 mobs is safer tho to avoid surprises.

Soloing this room before Kunark would be an amazing feat of luck and clickies.
Closed Thread