Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i use 2 washcloths and just keep them on the bar and wash them weekly

if you are going ot the gym bring towels, i never found a pair of gloves thick enough to not damage your hands when you are lifting big weights
Funny, I'm using 2 washcloths right now! It does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at your hand and pay attention to placement. Don't grip with the fat part of your hand below your knuckles, pay attention to how you twist your hands while you're pulling yourself up. You will get callouses they will stay nice and normal, eventually.
Are you saying to use a tiny bit less palm and more finger to grip the bar?

And ok...I guess maybe callouses won't impact my playing. So you guys don't use gloves? Maybe I was making up a problem to solve when there isn't really one.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:08 PM
Banned

got my boobs to target size, now starving myself while playing a dual wield character in skyrim VR. I am very sore.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Use straps if you’re worried about callouses and are willing to sacrifice grip strength.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Man I’ve not been climbing since 1st lock down began. You guys are making me aware of how much I miss it!!

Can’t wait for the lead belt to go back into tier 2. If only these fools would respect personal space and be hygienic ��. I think it is a legacy of the Robin Hood mindset.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got my boobs to target size, now starving myself while playing a dual wield character in skyrim VR. I am very sore.
wont the boobs get smaller if you lose weight???
Old 12-23-2020, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wont the boobs get smaller if you lose weight???
they'll be larger proportionally; the tree grows more branches the taller it gets. These stand in for a certain amount of fat mass.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:34 PM
Kobold

Bump:

5 weeks in to Clarence Kennedy's intermediate powerlifting routine (12-13 weeks). When I was on deployment I got half way through with some great results and then decided i wanted to do long distance running. because of that i got super skinny again with great stamina, but a year back home and i decided to join a gym and get back into it.

Anyways, my question is, if I'm lifting every other day am I fine to run a couple days a week in between? My instinct is just to listen to my body but i'm afraid of destroying my knees or something in the process. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2021, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vheran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump:

5 weeks in to Clarence Kennedy's intermediate powerlifting routine (12-13 weeks). When I was on deployment I got half way through with some great results and then decided i wanted to do long distance running. because of that i got super skinny again with great stamina, but a year back home and i decided to join a gym and get back into it.

Anyways, my question is, if I'm lifting every other day am I fine to run a couple days a week in between? My instinct is just to listen to my body but i'm afraid of destroying my knees or something in the process. Thanks!
If you don't already have knee problems I wouldn't worry too much about running a few miles a couple of times a week. The only problem you're going to run into is powerlifting gains while doing too much cardio. But as I've said in the past, it all depends on what your ultimate goals are. You will have like a hybrid crossfit build, which is great. You'll hold onto stamina and have some functional strength. I would argue that doing a bunch of cardio and trying to be a competitive powerlifter is going to be extremely difficult. But what do I know? I'm just a random bro science troll. Figure out what your goals are and do some research on how to best attain them.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't already have knee problems I wouldn't worry too much about running a few miles a couple of times a week. The only problem you're going to run into is powerlifting gains while doing too much cardio. But as I've said in the past, it all depends on what your ultimate goals are. You will have like a hybrid crossfit build, which is great. You'll hold onto stamina and have some functional strength. I would argue that doing a bunch of cardio and trying to be a competitive powerlifter is going to be extremely difficult. But what do I know? I'm just a random bro science troll. Figure out what your goals are and do some research on how to best attain them.
Thanks Mead that makes sense to me. I only run maybe 5 to 10 kilometers a week at the very most now. Putting on weight has always been an issue for me so i'm trying to organize rest days + lifting days + running where I'm getting *some* kind of caloric excess with my increased eating. I'll keep updating as far as weight goes but Ive been plateaued at a cool 147-150 unfasted. these next 4 weeks i'll be lifting more intensely so hopefully I'll see that go up.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:40 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread