Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-30-2020, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Approaching this from the opposite direction: Are there any other chardok-revamp items that were definitely in immediately but which were not discovered until after Luclin opened? The argument of "it was there but undiscovered" becomes stronger if there were other similarly unknown items.

Danth
I am not immediately unaware of "luclin or beyond" added items outside of BST/BRZ specifics - there is a "missing" spell (conglaciate bone) which is the next tier if ignite bones (and has VERY poor data surrounding when/where it dropped, but given the "theme" of skell/non-skell alternative spells, it should have dropped in era), and a later change to the necromancer gangrenous touch which significantly improved it (at a time when all necro taps were improved).

So from that "consideration" it would seem MORE likely that SWC always dropped - since very little was added/removed.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

These don't serve as proof, but given that SWC was removed as a drop with proof the loot was ever changed may serve to bolster the argument for "let them continue to drop".

#1 This is from 4/04 where someone confirms it drops, AND acknowledges that it has been dropping the entire time.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monk...-t727-s10.html

6:57 PM - Apr 04, 2004 #17

Quote:
If people are still wondering about it, I have gotten the cords by looting them. It is not a rumor but a fact. It came from the grand loremaster or something like that down there. I won them a while ago, but it was a good time after they put the quest in so I am to still believe that they can drop.

I view me winning these as probably the luckiest moment in EQ just because it's evidently an EXTREMELY rare drop off a named. I think you'd be able to get the cords by questing faster than trying to camp for the drop. We saw it drop when we killed the named on the way down to slaughter King/Queen for epics quick.
I won in a 15 person roll heh.

As more proof that this drop is as rare as it is, it's been dropping this entire time and look at how unsure people still are that it drops.
#2 Less interesting but earlier 03/03 another case of dropping being "lesser known".

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...-wracked-cords

03-14-03, 03:44 PM

Quote:
yes, the cords can drop VERY VERY rarely from a rare mob in the library area.
Quote:
Not a miss-post. Saw them myself. Our MT got them. We were on our way in to kill the Nobles for the epic drops and got delayed in the Library. *make damn sure everyone knows not to cast heals when your not pulling and someone starts taking dmg in that room, TRW from 1 stupid person. /sigh*

These imply a few things to me.

1. If this was a "stealth add" as a drop sometimes in Luclin - why in 2003/2004 (and beyond, just not examples supplied at this time) when the content was easier/yet the value of the item was still high, did so few people know this was dropping?

2. If so few people knew it was dropping even after a "stealth add", doesn't that increase the likelihood it could of been always dropping?

3. With no patch notes outlining its removal (if it was an accident to be dropping either at release or later); or patch notes or definitive posts indicating a confirmed addition to his drop table; don't we have to assume it was dropping the entire time but not being killed at sufficient a quantity?
Old 08-12-2020, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Bump for any additional discussion - it seems like based on evidence this should not have been removed as there is no tangible in era information to imply it ever did not drop/or was a bug and removed/or was later added.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Any thoughts?
Old 08-17-2020, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like on the balance this should be dropping as a very, very rare chance. Maybe earth staff chance? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2020, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is data from 7/2-8/15. Far from enough to calculate accurate %'s but if you compared this to existing drops I would say

1. Set SWC as Grand's 4th drop to compare same rarity as Anklesmasher on Lore
OR
2. Set SWC to drop in place of Greenmist Book at a % similar to Anklesmasher only on Grand

Number one seems more reasonable, but some of the emu's seem to show it as an alternate quest item drop, not a loot drop. I do not have records of the SWC that dropped on red/blue what other items dropped.

NOTE: "no loot" is addressed per Telin pending patch.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

I have also wondered that the mobs with "no loot" (which has been confirmed to be a % value bug) that have been corrected; had a correlation with removed drops - such as wild lord sleeves removal, courier missing dizok scroll, the Sarnak bauble change, the golden hoop change, adjustments to wizened/acolyte loot arrangement, et al.

Could the "no loot" occurrence be related to the removal of SWC? That would not seem likely in this case since "no loot" has occurred on LORE and presumably SWC only dropped from GRAND.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Bump for further discussion - this seems to have been removed based on assumption/preference (without evidence, or in era anecdotes of a removal occurring) despite in era anecdotal evidence implying it did drop.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

They removed the bangle for some reason too

I looted no drop bangle and one day turned into tradable bauble
Old 08-25-2020, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

>