Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s barely ever anyone in Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, or BB
That's not how it was during the first year of actual Everquest. There would constantly be over 100 people actively hunting between Qeynos Hills + Blackburrow. Every single static spawn in Qeynos Hills and the top area + first lower part of Blackburrow, and even most of the deeper areas, were perma camped (and DPS was king, it was a race to see who got more damage on a mob as soon as it popped). People would be running around Qeynos Hills scouring for the limited amount of roaming things to kill.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:24 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklepee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always spend levels 5-15 in Qeynos because of the gnoll fangs and rabid pelts. The pelts are especially nice because they give a decent amount of plat for a fresh character. Are there similar quests in other starting areas?
Would you suggest a young Eru wizard make his way to Qeynos? Not 100% sure where to begin at, or just hustle through at tox.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you suggest a young Eru wizard make his way to Qeynos? Not 100% sure where to begin at, or just hustle through at tox.
I definitely would for Green server. If you're on the other servers then you have The Warrens, but I still prefer Blackburrow, and the West Karana bandits when you gain some more levels. Although if you're not on Green server, it will probably be difficult to find people to group with for West Karana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 08-13-2020, 09:59 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely would for Green server. If you're on the other servers then you have The Warrens, but I still prefer Blackburrow, and the West Karana bandits when you gain some more levels. Although if you're not on Green server, it will probably be difficult to find people to group with for West Karana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Awesome, thanks. Yeah I’m on green, I just signed level 4 about to sell my bone chips I farmed from level 1-4 in Nro newbie area and find a port.

While in game, another suggested I should consider steam font also(As it’s a shorter run and safer), is it as viable?
Old 08-14-2020, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

If you want fast loot and full bags in your bank and character slots before level 10, Steamfont has Tool Boxes at the windmills for 7gp and plenty of outdoor vendors for selling. It also feeds into the sisters camp in LFay for some classes so raw plat & exp VS raw plat & quest exp.

I seem to recall someone making a pretty good case for Ogres with lizard meat and fifes or flutes or something.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

Ogre lizard meat and lizard tails are both very good for levels 1-5 or so both for cash and XP, but they don't have any of the quests for getting into the mid teens like the qeynos area does as far as I know.

I would not recommend this, but I ground a warrior up to level 10 on nothing but the low level lizards, which resulted in enough plat to self forge a full set of banded and halberd. It also took like 20 hours, so not exactly the fastest path to 10. Pretty quick 1-5 though, slowed down a lot after that.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:33 AM
Kobold

There are other quests that are nice, but nothing like gnoll teeth for a newbie. My question is are we back to blue level quest exp or are we still operating under the nerfed quest xp that was in at the launch of green?
Old 08-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Large Rat

Hi, I'm new too) What class would you recommend to play for your pleasure. Otherwise I often give up games because I get bored
Old 08-19-2020, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Qeynos and surrounding area is great. The only issue is the black hole of porting locations, closest is NK for druids and that's still a 15 minute run with sow. (And good luck finding a wizard to port/evac WK).
Old 08-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH it's hard to find people to group with in WK on Green too. If there are people in the bandit level range, they are usually soloing and will decline any offer to group since they don't want to share sashes and don't want to harm their exp per hour. The exception is if you are a class that can provide some CC then they might consider duoing with you.
Closed Thread