Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Stuck in Grobb

So I made a Troll SK and was enjoying being back and got to lvl 7. Next thing I know I got stuck in the water over by Gunthak's bar place. Maxxed swimming, got rid of copper, sent a message, asked for a levitate or port for a few days and tried the /rewind to no avail.
Finally I got tired and decided to give up and just make a new SK. I tried to drop my bags of stuff on my original SK (Just some bronze armor and a weapon someone kindly donated) and pick it up with the new SK but upon logging in I couldn't see the bags with either SK. Anyway enjoying the old Norrath again but this was pretty frustrating. SK Trolls are slow as Christmas to lvl anyway without help from the small bugs or my stupidity. If any guides read and could help I would appreciate it? His name is Kurgaz. I don't think anyone stole the bags, I think they fell thru the ground or something? Loving the new game otherwise and now am trying an Ogre SK named Balog unless a miracle happens.
Last edited by Abraxos; 11-29-2010 at 05:32 PM..
Old 11-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Put this in the Petition forums as well to get faster help from the Guides/GMs
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well I got out. I still lost my bags/equipment but last night I tried to drown my character or swim thru a crack or basically anything to get out. Suprisingly, I changed my character to 1st person and hopped out like nothing was wrong at all after three days in third person flailing about in a waist deep pool. I never knew that mattered even after four years in EQLive. Oh well, live and learn?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Kobold

Aww sry to hear that!! whats your name in game? ill see what i can do to help you back on your feet ^-^

Glad you made it out!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Large Bat

I had this happen to my Troll Shaman in the same spot. I have also gotten stuck in several other places while swiming.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidScotch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aww sry to hear that!! whats your name in game? ill see what i can do to help you back on your feet ^-^

Glad you made it out!
His name is Kurgaz and my alt is a Shammy named Torgas. I should be on with either of them around EC/NRO. Any help is much appreciated. He actually is a Vegitarian Troll too so really not a bad guy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Skeleton

This happened to me many years ago and I know exactly what you can do to fix it, if I'm thinking of the same issue.

You're stuck trying to get out of a body of water, right? Cause the wall around the water's too high? Running into it while jumping doesn't help?

Look straight up. Hold down the right mouse button and look up, swim into the wall, and try jumping. It'll free you from it and you'll climb out.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
His name is Kurgaz and my alt is a Shammy named Torgas. I should be on with either of them around EC/NRO. Any help is much appreciated. He actually is a Vegitarian Troll too so really not a bad guy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okies - im still at work currently but if your on when i get off in approx. an hour or so, i'll see if your on. I'm sure stuff lying around I could donate!! ^_^
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Swimming is kind of buggy at edges and zone lines. I get stuck constantly while trying to hop out of the water.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks much Rapidscotch! My Shammy is kicking butt and taking names (he can't spell very well though).
Going to try and get a little bronze armor for my poor Sk but definitely the Shammy is leveling easier than a Tank class at least till I get into grouping. I'm looking forward to handing out SOW instead of begging for it for a change. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]