Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Skeleton

Default JimLahey 35 Bard LFG

I always seem to spend most of my time looking for a group, only finding one a couple days a week. Most of the time I annoy players with random tells asking if there are spots open. I'd like to find a group/guild that has people in that level range and dungeon crawls nightly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Fire Giant

Frig off Jim.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Aviak

Beware, the Shit Winds are coming.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Orc

Birds of a shitfeather flock together, Randy.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always seem to spend most of my time looking for a group, only finding one a couple days a week. Most of the time I annoy players with random tells asking if there are spots open. I'd like to find a group/guild that has people in that level range and dungeon crawls nightly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Actively asking in tells is a great way to get a group. Even if you don't land a spot, your name becomes more familiar to people, and when they are looking for more there's a chance your name will pop into their heads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't personally like it but if you want to join a group that you're a welcome level for, you can start skilling up hand to hand or other lesser used melee skills while you wait with your lfg tag showing.

It used to piss me off no end having a certain monk LFG in CoM, he'd constantly be practicing his FD and trying to make sure he was on everyone's screens at all times I think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... like it or hate it, it works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actively asking in tells is a great way to get a group.
This. It can depend on how long your game sessions are but you can hit people up in multiple zones and let them know you're interested in a spot. More often than not within a half hour or so I get a /tell back. Or you can try to start a group. This also helps build your rep as a motivated player. I can't tell you how many tells I get for random group invites even when I'm just afk on my necro in EC from people I've grouped with or tried to group with in the past by this method. Made a couple friends this way as well.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Large Rat

There's an enchanter on this server named Randybobandy. Maybe you guys could get together hehehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread