Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Orc

Thumbs up The perfect start to MY p99 experience

TL;DR - I just wanted to say that my p99 experience has been awesome so far! The community has really been great!

My Gnome (ultra sexy / best race) Necromancer spent many hours leveling from 1 to 4 solo (it’s not that I’m antisocial, or maybe I am, but rather I tend to log in and out on a whim with young kids/wife and it’s hard to commit to extended periods of continuous game play). I was around level 3 killing in Steamfront before I was even able to afford my level 1 summon pet spell. (I expected this, of course.)

After hitting level 4 I read the forum newbie guide and decided that perhaps the recommendation of Freeport made sense. Made it to Butcherblock (with only one death after getting off the path in GFay) and the Kaladim docks pretty easily and swam around the guards. The Dwarves “glared” at me and there was one ugly NPC standing right next to the ramp to the dock for the boat.. so what’s a Necro to do?

There happened to be a Druid killing guards in the area (for faction?) and asked him (ooc) if he was planning on killing the Dwarf near the dock? He said no but instead told me (after a failed attempt to get on the boat invisible, got stuck on the boat and had to /rewind) he’d be happy to port me to the Commons! I thanked him profusely and told him I’d love to tip him for the help but really only had a few copper to my name since I was new to the server, and couldn’t hardly afford my critical spells, let alone all of them.

Without a word or request from me he led me into Befallen and did a few powerlevel pulls where I was able to go from level 4 to level 6 in about 20 minutes or less! The friendly Druid had to log off but before he left he gave me 100 platinum pieces in order to help me get my feet off the ground and buy spells!

I was on live as little as 3 or 4 months ago and the community is lacking.. most people simply ignore you and are too busy 4 boxing to reply.

Thanks friendly Druid! Thanks project1999!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL;DR - I just wanted to say that my p99 experience has been awesome so far! The community has really been great!

My Gnome (ultra sexy / best race) Necromancer spent many hours leveling from 1 to 4 solo (it’s not that I’m antisocial, or maybe I am, but rather I tend to log in and out on a whim with young kids/wife and it’s hard to commit to extended periods of continuous game play). I was around level 3 killing in Steamfront before I was even able to afford my level 1 summon pet spell. (I expected this, of course.)

After hitting level 4 I read the forum newbie guide and decided that perhaps the recommendation of Freeport made sense. Made it to Butcherblock (with only one death after getting off the path in GFay) and the Kaladim docks pretty easily and swam around the guards. The Dwarves “glared” at me and there was one ugly NPC standing right next to the ramp to the dock for the boat.. so what’s a Necro to do?

There happened to be a Druid killing guards in the area (for faction?) and asked him (ooc) if he was planning on killing the Dwarf near the dock? He said no but instead told me (after a failed attempt to get on the boat invisible, got stuck on the boat and had to /rewind) he’d be happy to port me to the Commons! I thanked him profusely and told him I’d love to tip him for the help but really only had a few copper to my name since I was new to the server, and couldn’t hardly afford my critical spells, let alone all of them.

Without a word or request from me he led me into Befallen and did a few powerlevel pulls where I was able to go from level 4 to level 6 in about 20 minutes or less! The friendly Druid had to log off but before he left he gave me 100 platinum pieces in order to help me get my feet off the ground and buy spells!

I was on live as little as 3 or 4 months ago and the community is lacking.. most people simply ignore you and are too busy 4 boxing to reply.

Thanks friendly Druid! Thanks project1999!
Love the story. I haven't been on here long my self but the coding is classic and if i remember right, back in the day the boats have a glitch. If you swim in front of them as they move you literally get scooped up through the bottom of the boat and can just run up to the top deck =D. Maybe it still works here. I had to do this many times as a DE in OOT after killing Sisters =).
Old 12-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Banned

Welcome to P99! Sounds like you'll fit in here famously!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Orc

Thanks guys! Looking forward to good times ahead!
Closed Thread