Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdastomper58 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how much of the movie did you watch before determining your posts were needed to protect the children?
like I said, no real need to say anything as it flopped naturally. I was just explaining why I and apparently a decent proportion of consumers find the thang gross as fuck. u don't?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone watch the cartoon reboot?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Banned

this movie cant get its ass beat enough

keep it comin'

Paul Feig is an IDIOT
Old 08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't see this movie because the trailer didn't look very funny and I'm tired of lazy reboots.

I didn't feel the need to have a huge emotional investment in the movie's financial outcome and I honestly don't give shit how attractive the actors are or aren't if it would've been a funny/good movie.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

No surprise it flopped. The script writer and director could have made a reboot, with women, and had it work if they put some legitimate effort into the story and dialogue. Answering questions like "what things about the supernatural fascinates the different characters?", "what motivations do the characters have in developing / using technology to hunt and trap ghosts?", "why and how much will be borrowed or referenced from the first movie set?", "what story theme are we trying to get across to the viewers?", "what plot points and character moments will appeal to certain viewers that they will identify with?", and finally, "what 'hook' will work best in bringing the cast back for another sequel?"

But they didn't bother. They really didn't try at all to spend the hours necessary in answering some of those basic questions and how they would relate to each other when a final story was developed. It as just.... half assed crap. Movie viewers have seen GOOD films, including reboots, and can judge for themselves if something will be garbage rather than be threatened that they're being politically incorrect over something totally unrelated to movie quality.

Lastly, China makes up a HUGE number of viewers and revenue for films. They screwed up by not having an asian (Chinese would be best for max returns) lady as one of the four. China loves big explosions and CGI and stuff flying at them, but aren't big at all on black actors or a cast without an Asian to identify with. Just stating the obvious based on revenue facts.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Young Scientist man explains it perfectly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc
Old 08-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Banned

If this movie had Bill Murey and Dan Akroide it would've done well. Instead we got fat woman... Dude Ghostbusters was never meant to be a chick flick. This movie was rjw biggest joke I've seen yet. World of Warcraft had better casting. The fact they rebooted this series without the stars behind it , is beyond me.... I'm glad it flopped. I hate reboots of classic movies without the lead actors. Goood rid dance
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Not surprised with the outcome of this one @ the box office, probably wouldn't have looked twice had it not been for the lolzy Youtube trailer situation
Old 08-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this movie had Bill Murey and Dan Akroide it would've done well. Instead we got fat woman... Dude Ghostbusters was never meant to be a chick flick. This movie was rjw biggest joke I've seen yet. World of Warcraft had better casting. The fact they rebooted this series without the stars behind it , is beyond me.... I'm glad it flopped. I hate reboots of classic movies without the lead actors. Goood rid dance
Dan made several total cuck comments as well

Hope he enjoys the tarnish on the brand

Poor Bill tho
Old 08-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it did as well as could be expected given the bad concept. Imagine a remake of Charlie's Angels with all guys - think that would be a big money maker?
So why do it? That's the question right now in regards to affirmative action.

Why empty investors pockets who worked hard for their money their entire lives? Did you think money is just printed?

Should the SJW effect excuse the studio and director from losing hundreds of millions of dollars out of the US economy? That money could have gone to something more enriching.

I see your thinking is very narrow here.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread