Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 05:42 AM
Banned

why is this ignored?
Old 12-28-2019, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Here is an ideal, learn to control your aggro instead of going balls deep right when the tank gets aggro, im so tired of seeing rogues just start going right in on a mob even before the tanks have time to build some aggro, EZ mode rog has been nerfed, to bad.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is an ideal, learn to control your aggro instead of going balls deep right when the tank gets aggro, im so tired of seeing rogues just start going right in on a mob even before the tanks have time to build some aggro, EZ mode rog has been nerfed, to bad.
here is an idea try playing a rogue before and after the last patch, knob.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having played high-end rogue on both live and here in Velious, I can say that evade is not classic and not justifiable. If you wait for the tank to get aggro, you will still eventually pass the tank on aggro. Tank swaps are nightmares (even waiting 10 seconds after swaps and tanks using a considerable amount of aggro clickies). Lucky strings of successful evade often still see you pulling aggro within 3 seconds of successful evades. It is not uncommon for monks to pull ahead in DPS since the rogues are either dead or had to back out so much as to hurt their DPS considerably. Monks bring a lot more to the table than rogues other than damage. This is a serious issue.

If you have any recent rogue raid experience that is different, please share.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having played high-end rogue on both live and here in Velious, I can say that evade is not classic and not justifiable. If you wait for the tank to get aggro, you will still eventually pass the tank on aggro. Tank swaps are nightmares (even waiting 10 seconds after swaps and tanks using a considerable amount of aggro clickies). Lucky strings of successful evade often still see you pulling aggro within 3 seconds of successful evades. It is not uncommon for monks to pull ahead in DPS since the rogues are either dead or had to back out so much as to hurt their DPS considerably. Monks bring a lot more to the table than rogues other than damage. This is a serious issue.

If you have any recent rogue raid experience that is different, please share.
Ya i pretty much quit the game until this is fixed.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Bump, evade still broke.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:20 AM
Banned

Still not playing till fixed.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

bump. Hadn't played rogue for a year or so. Evade needs tweaking.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Was curious about this so I hopped on my blue rogue.

What I remember. Hitting evade just worked before.

What I've experienced now. Hitting evade doesn't work like it did before. If I evade and then move my character away from the mob then back into combat range it works.

I think this is an AI bug, not an evade bug.

Edit: ps. you posted this thread in Velious Beta Mechanics. Which is nearly an obsolete forum section.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 04-27-2020 at 08:45 PM..
Old 04-28-2020, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Hmm. Never realised evade only worked on the target.
Closed Thread