Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-03-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unroot them on red and red2.0

Merge green and blue and put npcs that respond to /random and despawn after 30 seconds dropping loot on a dragon corpse locked to the winners of /ran. Make the dragons nonkos and noninteractive.
I thought Red was the noninteractive server.
Old 05-03-2022, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Red was the noninteractive server.

It is only if u run to the ZL and /q like a little 🐝🤔
Old 05-03-2022, 02:01 PM
Kobold

unpin the dragonkin
Old 05-03-2022, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the problem with this framing is that you don't get to go into the dragons lair and kill it unless you are the guild doing the leapfrogging or the dragon is uncontested
why is leapfrogging fundamentally bad?

or, put another way: what makes losing because you got leapfrogged different that losing because you dropped the pull or losing because you wiped or losing because you lost the race?
Old 05-03-2022, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you say this when vulak hasn't been competitive for the last 3 years

and it's not several guilds

the only guilds that kill ntov dragons during cycles (not quakes) are Vanq/Riot and then Kittens when multiple dragons have popped at the same time ... which only really happens on cycles after quakes

on quakes it's still those 3 guilds the vast majority of the time killing dragons in ntov

your argument is trash, this meta is the least competitive it has ever been and the distribution of mobs is the most jaded ever
When your all-star pullers just can't take not being in the spot light anymore and lash out on the forums with a new throw-away account made just to whine about rooted pixel lizards.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is leapfrogging fundamentally bad?

or, put another way: what makes losing because you got leapfrogged different that losing because you dropped the pull or losing because you wiped or losing because you lost the race?
leapfrogging is determined by who can log in more people, i.e. how many more mobs can you train/kite than the other guilds

dropped pulls/picked up pulls is determined by rng and who is better at the game
Old 05-03-2022, 04:57 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When your all-star pullers just can't take not being in the spot light anymore and lash out on the forums with a new throw-away account made just to whine about rooted pixel lizards.
yo i forgot my forum account info, chill bro

and i've been whining about this shit well before vanq was a thing thank you very much

fundamentally bad game design when there are multiple guilds competing in tov
Old 05-03-2022, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
yo i forgot my forum account info, chill bro

and i've been whining about this shit well before vanq was a thing thank you very much

fundamentally bad game design when there are multiple guilds competing in tov
Same old story, different time of year. The zone was never meant to hold multiple guilds on a closed in server, if you have been around as long as you claim then you would already know that.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:00 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same old story, different time of year. The zone was never meant to hold multiple guilds on a closed in server, if you have been around as long as you claim then you would already know that.
no shit

but here we are on a time locked server making changes that make the zone worse in a multi guild environment
Old 05-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
no shit

but here we are on a time locked server making changes that make the zone worse in a multi guild environment
A change made three years ago, you couldn't muster a better argument during all those years other than ending up here, at the end, crying and whining about it to your fellow players in a feeble attempt at getting more e-attention for yourself.