Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 06-22-2022, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogundordor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can he slow those mobs with Swarmcaller in PoH? they are mostly 50+
I didn’t ask, we were testing the dps as he was certain dual wielding did more damage. It ended up being pretty close though and suspect a better ratio 2hander would walk away compared to offhand epic and most mainhand weapons below 11/18 ratio.

I would also note these are planes era mobs which have AC / tuning completely different than Velious raid mobs where the faster 1handed weapons might perform better. This is the general consensus but definitely not the case for a monk comparing t-staff to epic mainhand + SoS (yes I know I keep posting that insight but I’ve tested it on several velious raid mobs and that’s all I’ve got).
Old 12-23-2022, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogundordor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well we all rangers know SEoC is selling for 200k nowadays:
Holy cow, is it really? I just returned from a 3 year break. I paid like 50k for mine four years ago.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

For anyone without the cash / time / etc to get SEOC, just use Swarmcaller when needing slows and rock SBoZ / Swiftwind.

Ballin on a budget.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

I haven’t parsed a woodsman with capped haste but expect it’s still solid at 60. Probably not far off a SBOZ/Swift. That and a swarmcaller is a nice quick swap for the budget player.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah for 90% of players a woodsmans staff and swarmcaller is all you ever really need. Swarmcaller alone opens up lots of small group options that don't involve a shaman or enchanter.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah for 90% of players a woodsmans staff and swarmcaller is all you ever really need. Swarmcaller alone opens up lots of small group options that don't involve a shaman or enchanter.
Could a Ranger solo with those?
Old 12-29-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could a Ranger solo with those?
Yes. You’ll want the swarmcaller to help at the higher levels. Prioritize Fungi/haste/slow in that order.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

I soloed to 58 with a woodsman, COCW, no fungi. No sky cloak.

You can def melee solo to 60. Root joust a Swarmcaller until it procs then switch to your dps setup. A 2h doesn’t lose as much dps while nuking between swings either. Even Firestrike chained is 65dps alone. Let alone like Call of Flame or Calefaction.

Really best thing is to find a palatable mob and bow rot it. Earthshaker, SCHW’s and fleeting quiver with Tolan arrows is not horridly bad with a 30dmg+ bow. Unless you’re killing Geos.

But just a swarmcaller plus a healer and a dps is fairy efficient. In like the Hole a ranger could easily step in for a tank. Over time the proc is definitely saving mana.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-29-2022 at 09:14 PM..