Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-18-2022, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

You used this combo on your gnome recently?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-18-2022, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You used this combo on your gnome recently?
I had a Troll Warrior on live from 1999-2005 or so. They stacked. I also have used Yaulp + a Strength buff on my 24 Cleric on P99. I would be highly surprised if they didn't stack on P99. But I am sure a high level Warrior can chime in if I am wrong.

Let's assume worse case though and say they don't. 105 Strength is still a lot of Strength, +80 from equipment and +25 Strength from the Cobalt Boots buff. Just having FoS would put a Troll at 255.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

I remember trying to use the combo years ago, but then getting rid of it.. I can't remember if it was just disappointment /lack of bag space or it not stacking. That is why I ask.

Strength of the Kunzar and Reckless Strength are both slot 1, so that also made me think maybe they didn't stack, rather than reckless strength just being annoying to use.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember trying to use the combo years ago, but then getting rid of it.. I can't remember if it was just disappointment /lack of bag space or it not stacking. That is why I ask.

Strength of the Kunzar and Reckless Strength are both slot 1, so that also made me think maybe they didn't stack, rather than reckless strength just being annoying to use.
Yeah I wish I could test it. Sadly the buff line page https://wiki.project1999.com/Buff_Lines has left out Reckless Strength completely lol. But as you can see there are a LOT of strength lines. My guess is it falls under one of the short duration buff lines. I just tested Yaulp and Reckless Strength on my Cleric. Both of those do stack, so it isn't on the Yaulp buff line.

Speaking of Yaulp though, I forgot about https://wiki.project1999.com/Mask_of_War, which is a Yaulp clickie Warriors could use hehe.

If they don't stack, that would be such a silly thing. Cobalt Boots and Cobalt Gauntlets are part of the same armor set, and the Boots buff is 100% better. The Gauntlet clickie would be completely useless if you could only use one.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2022 at 11:17 AM..
Old 08-18-2022, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can cap STR/STA/DEX well before BiS raid gear with buffs. It will just depend on how much you like to group. A level 60 Shaman can buff your STR and DEX by 120 each, and STA by 50.
Of course shm buff will cap it......the OP is just starting a new war and you expect lvl 60 shm to be around 24/7 lol.

Can the op even get to HoT armor + best non-raid items? If not, then put points in dex + sta.
Last edited by wagorf; 08-18-2022 at 10:02 PM..
Old 08-18-2022, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course shm buff will cap it......the OP is just starting a new war and you expect lvl 60 shm to be around 24/7 lol.

Can the op even get to HoT armor + best non-raid items? If not, then put points in dex + sta.
The point of thinking about starting stats IS thinking about the end game. Stats scale with level, so they get better when you... level. He isn't going to notice any difference for the first 30 levels or so.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Okay I got the cobalt items to double check, and reckless strength overwrites Kunzar. Kunzar is blocked by reckless strength.

Don't bother with the gloves unless you can't find the boots.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Okay I got the cobalt items to double check, and reckless strength overwrites Kunzar. Kunzar is blocked by reckless strength.

Don't bother with the gloves unless you can't find the boots.
Thanks for testing that out. Wow that is garbage, and might be a bug. I am certain they stacked on live, but maybe I am thinking out of Velious Era. I couldn't say for certain exactly when on the timeline it was.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

You may be right about how it used to be - if you think Reckless Strength competed with Yaulp, that would also mean reckless strength also stacked with Kunzar.

Not here and now sadly though.

Kunzar also doesn't stack with the recourse effect of Steal Strength.